• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Raaaagggggee

kindlyone

I am The Kindlyone
many people are telling me that zelda isnt a hardcore game any more :mad: this is untrue ummmmm i dont see any 5 year olds playing twilight princess post if you agree that zelda will live on forever (at least until miyamoto runs out of ideas :lol:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yeah, I agree that Zelda is a pretty hardcore game for the average gamer. And I think it will run on forever, even after Miyamoto or Aonuma retire.

linkman8

True and Noble
The definition of "hardcore" has become skewed, arbitrary, and dependent on the status quo. I'll be honest, Zelda doesn't (and shouldn't) meet hardcore requirements. As far as I'm concerned, "hardcore" games appeal to a comparitively small demographic, and a narrow-sighted one at that. "Hardcore" status is basically a label used by FPS fan-boys to stamp on their favorite games in order to put them on some sort contrived pedestal above other games they deem "unworthy." In truth, Zelda shouldn't even attempt to be bunched together with such an elitist group. We appeal to a wider demographic, and make more money doing it.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I agree with Linkman8, Zelda isn't hardcore (in a way). Some people say hardcore is blood and guts like CoD and GoW, while other people say hardcore is super hard games like Castlevania for the NES. Zelda doesn't qualify for either of these. Nintendo has done a great job making sure that Zelda works with a large variety of ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom