• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

R.I.P. Miiverse

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
As we should all know by now (and if you don't, shame yourself), Miiverse will officially be shut down on November 8th. What are your guys thoughts on this? Did you use Miiverse? Will you even miss it? Is Nintendo dumb for getting rid of it?

I personally didn't mind Miiverse. I mainly used it as a place to capture my experiences by sharing screenshots. I drew a few pics on there too. Honestly, I think Nintendo is stupid for getting rid of Miiverse. I never understood why they didn't continue it on the Switch. I think it had a lot of potential and could have been tweaked and utilized a whole lot better than it was on the Wii U and 3DS. Miiverse should have been integrated into the Switch's UI, rather than being a separate app. That way, you can easily access your friends, send messages, share screenshots and videos (there's even a capture button on the controller for f*ck's sake), display your Miis, and so on. Both Xbox and Playstation have something similar to this and it works just fine and Nintendo can sure as hell make it a much more fun thing to mess around with.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Sony and Microsoft Do what Nintendon't :right:

I used miiverse mostly for drawings. This was before I had a computer so it was the only thing I had for discussing games with people beyond my irl friends. Though it devolved in to memes, and "quality" art, so I stopped using it for the most part.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Good riddance to it. Miiverse was crap. I kept getting banned for depicting sexual relations between Mario and Luigi and drawing them taking drugs. They should have had an unmoderated part for people to freely express their creativity.

Miiverse was valuable for me to take screenshots, but I didn't use the other features much. I'll definitely miss the screenshots feature. I've taken over 4,500 screenshots through miiverse, a combination of 3DS and Wii U. I suppose I got my use out of it, but it's still sad nonetheless.
The Nintendo Switch has a screenshot feature as well. I would argue it's way better. No having to waste time entering another console app to save the screenshot. Just one button press and the screenshot is saved. You can upload it to facebook whenever you like later. Your gameplay experience is not interrupted.

The Playstation 4 also fails at this. You can't save a screenshot there either withough opening up another app. The Switch does it right. I only wish the Switch had the option to set picture visibility options as you post it like you can on the PS4. Also having the screenshots categorised by game is a nice (but not exactly needed) feature. So overall I say of the 3 ways, Miiverse, Switch and PS4, I am saying I think the Switch does taking screenshots the best.

Good riddance to it. Miiverse was crap. I kept getting banned for depicting sexual relations between Mario and Luigi and drawing them taking drugs. They should have had an unmoderated part for people to freely express their creativity.
I kept getting multiple warnings on Miiverse for not correctly using the spoiler tags. Well excuse me Nintendo but I don't think the title screen of a WiiU game needs to be marked spoiler. I actually did get told "please use the spoiler tags" when I posted a screnshot the title screen of a WiiU game. It was Tokyo Mirage Sessions if I remember correctly. Nintendo was really giving me **** whenever I posted up screenshots of games (that were not spoilery at all). I don't know why. A little over obsessed with spoiler prevention I think.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think I used Miiverse once maybe a few years ago and that's it. Don't really care for it. I know that there are people who do, though, so I think it's dumb for them to get rid of it. They could have left it up on the Wii U and 3DS even if they didnt want to continue with it on future consoles, couldn't they?

Lily

Mischievous Minx
It was great in the past for screenshots and drawing, but these days it's just a bunch of kids trolling the fanbases and that disease needs to be stamped out.

I'll miss Miiverse. I loved making posts about my progress in games. That said, it definitely was moderated too harshly. I got a warning for saying the final boss of Super Mario 3D Land was better than that of Super Mario 3D World even though I revealed no details.

Also, RIP the memes:

maxresdefault.jpg

The Nintendo Switch has a screenshot feature as well. I would argue it's way better. No having to waste time entering another console app to save the screenshot. Just one button press and the screenshot is saved. You can upload it to facebook whenever you like later. Your gameplay experience is not interrupted.
How will the Switch's screenshot feature help me with taking 3DS screenshots?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I use to use it for Animal Crossing New Leaf and during Splatfest, I would make post relating to the team I was on. For Team Dog I drew a pic of Lillipup and for Team Red I drew a pic of Charmander.

How will the Switch's screenshot feature help me with taking 3DS screenshots?
No console or service can live forever. However I do believe a Switch like system needs to be added to the 3DS in the wake of Miiverse being discontinued. The 3DS won't last too long (if Nintendo is smart), so it only has to be a temproary solution.

Your question is a legit one and I agree it is an issue.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I have some very fond memories of Miiverse, specifically the Smash 4 hype and always posting my progress in completing Kid Icarus Uprising. It's actually crazy how much time I spent on there refreshing for Sakurai's Pic of the Day posts. It's unfortunate some meme-use will be gone, for better or for worse, but at least it will partly live on in spirit in Splatoon 2's posting feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom