• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Quote of the Day

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Here are several that I love:

“For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?”

“If you are a man, Winston, you are the last man.”

O'Brien smiled faintly. "You are no metaphysician, Winston," he said. "Until this moment you had never considered what is meant by existence. I will put it more precisely. Does the past exist concretely, in space? Is there somewhere or other a place, a world of solid objects, where the past is still happening?"
"No."
"Then where does the past exist, if at all?"
"In records. It is written down."
"In records. And- ?"
"In the mind. In human memories."
"In memory. Very well, then. We, the Party, control all records, and we control all memories. Then we control the past, do we not?"
"But how can you stop people remembering things?" cried Winston again momentarily forgetting the dial. "It is involuntary. It is outside oneself. How can you control memory?

"You believe that reality is something objective, external, existing in its own right. You also believe that the nature of reality is self-evident. When you delude yourself into thinking that you see something, you assume that everyone else sees the same thing as you. But I tell you, Winston, that reality is not external. Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party. That is the fact that you have got to relearn, Winston. It needs an act of self- destruction, an effort of the will. You must humble yourself before you can become sane."

"There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother."

Pen

The game is on!
"I will never look down upon you because of what you are, but I may pass judgement onto you because of what you do. It is your actions that define you and shape you into the person you become. We always have a choice, so make a good one."

- Eiji Oshiro

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Mithos Yggdrasil, Tales of Symphonia:

"People need not introduce themselves to a dog. Fine. I will tell you my name, wretched human. I am Yggdrasill, leader of Cruxis. ...And the Desians."

"With revolution comes sacrifice. If you cannot understand that, then you deserve to die with the others."

"That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic."

"Is it a sin to be weak hearted? Not everyone's strong. Not everyone can stand being despised."

"Do you think I'm going to beg for forgiveness? Ridiculous! There is no Goddess. So I will continue to pursue my ideals. If there is no place where I can live, and if I've been denied my Age of Lifeless Beings... then the only thing left for me is to build a new world on Derris-Kharlan. A world just for my sister and me!"

"My sister means everything to me. I won't let any of you stand in my way. I'll revert this entire world back to nothingness."

"Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow. I wanted my own world, so I don't regret my choice. I would make the same choice all over again. I will continue to choose this path!"

Mithos Yggdrasil, Tales of Symphonia:

"People need not introduce themselves to a dog. Fine. I will tell you my name, wretched human. I am Yggdrasill, leader of Cruxis. ...And the Desians."

"With revolution comes sacrifice. If you cannot understand that, then you deserve to die with the others."

"That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic."

"Is it a sin to be weak hearted? Not everyone's strong. Not everyone can stand being despised."

"Do you think I'm going to beg for forgiveness? Ridiculous! There is no Goddess. So I will continue to pursue my ideals. If there is no place where I can live, and if I've been denied my Age of Lifeless Beings... then the only thing left for me is to build a new world on Derris-Kharlan. A world just for my sister and me!"

"My sister means everything to me. I won't let any of you stand in my way. I'll revert this entire world back to nothingness."

"Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow. I wanted my own world, so I don't regret my choice. I would make the same choice all over again. I will continue to choose this path!"

Niiiiiice! Tales of High Five

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
“Fools die at the hands of anyone. You are not worth my time.”
- A quote from a character in a book that I'm writing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom