• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Quite a Moving Scene

L

Link89

When you finally have the master sword and go through the gate of time there is a cut-scene with Link and Zelda. It completely through me off guard and watching it I almost cried it was a very moving scene, has anyone else had this experience with this scene?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That scene confused me to be honest. On one hand, you have the very sweet moment with Link and his manly tears. But on the other...it's Zelda showing that she is useless yet again. Important to the plot, sure, but useless in action. What I loved most was Link crying, I love seeing him show that kind of emotion.

L

Link89

I think I just got caught up in the moment lol I didnt think to much about Zelda being useless, seeing Link banging on the giant crystal got to me. Like I said it through me off guard because a Zelda game never got to me like that before. I also like seeing Link show emotion because it shows that his character can be well developed even without talking.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh ya, seeing him bang on the crystal was like a very cruel moment to me. Like, his BEST FRIEND was being trapped in a crystal...not that it hasn't happened before (think about OoT), but this time it was actually personal to him! I know it's cruel, but that was one of the best scenes in SS.

L

Link89

OH definitely, you said it perfectly rite there in this game Link really shows emotion when Zelda is captured as a posed to OOT when that happens he just looks shocked and gasps lol

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
That scene got to me too. It's a very emotional scene and showed me how useful Zelda was in the game yet again. Zelda is so important to the plot and so useful in action. I'm so happy with her role in Skyward Sword. ;)

Anyways, I'd say that scene is definitely my favorite in the entire game. It's the first time a Zelda game has really made me want to cry. Sure, there's been emotional moments before, but not like that. A very special LoZ moment.

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
This scene really got to me. Just, the premise of it all -- the stuff Zelda tells you about Hylia (or, rather, her...) and Demise and Skyloft -- it's all just... scary. And, whilst I was crying, I still laughed through my tears when Zelda asks if, just this once, HE'LL wake HER up. ^^ Just, the bond that Link and Zelda have in this game made this scene so sad...

... oh, and Link banging on the crystal, and then crying... oh... it was... wow... I'm still teary-eyed.

SIDE-NOTE: Who, once you gained control of Link again, walked to Impa and walked over to the Gate of Time? It felt fitting in the circumstances.

Last edited:
L

Link89

Yeah when you had to walk back to the gate of time I did it very slowly just to keep in the moment lol rather than just sprinting to the gat like "oh well back to the adventure trah la la" :P

I'm sorry, but that part kinda made me want to barf; the whole Link thing. But the overall scene was very effective for the series, especially seeing as it made you guys cry and all.

The banging on the crystal was intense, and then when Link hangs his head in defeat..... Very emotional. Very nice scene.

L

Link89

Nice to hear alot of people agree with me, I hope to see more deep storytelling like this in the Wiiu game and I hope it is made in 3 years :D

I too enjoyed this scene. For those wonder what response I gave Link, I went with what I felt was the most powerful one: "I promise."

"Before all this, I was happy just spending my days hanging around with you in Skyloft. I wanted that feeling to last - forever."
I cried....

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I loved the scene. It was well voice acted, was very heart warming. Even though I did not cry it was a very oscar winning movie scene.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Was shocking, never expected this twist, and yeah, Link got so sad! :(
Made me feel so sad for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom