• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Quilt or Duvet? :eleven:

Quilt or Duvet?

• Quilt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duvet

• Other

• Both

• Neither

• Nothing

• What

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
My poll choice.

N7OJVxB.jpg

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Aren't they basically the same thing? Well at least I thought anyway.

I don't prefer one or the other as, like I said, I see them as the same thing. I guess I sleep with no covers in the summer though.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aren't they basically the same thing? Well at least I thought anyway.

I don't prefer one or the other as, like I said, I see them as the same thing. I guess I sleep with no covers in the summer though.

Duvet is the big, thick blanket with a cover over it, kind of like a big pillow, and a quilt is a thinner blanket with no cover. Most of us will have duvet's in the UK I imagine since quilt's don't really keep you warm. :P

Dan

Okay first of all they are the same thing, second of all why is the doctor in the title of this thread, what does he have to do with this Eric, answer me within two days or else i'm going to make my way to the busy streets of the city and push a little 2 year old girl over, do you want that on your conscious?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Quilt in Spring/Summer, and Duvet in Fall/Winter :yes:

Well, not really quilt, but something thin and fuzzy and *Huggles blanket*

Last edited:
I use a quilt during summer and a duvet during winter (you're a masochist if you use a duvet during summer). Oddly enough things didn't seem cold enough for me to use the duvet this year though, even with my window open at night. Maybe I was just enjoying the cold more than usual? Maybe it was a warmer winter this year.

Aren't they basically the same thing?
Okay first of all they are the same thing
No, they're not. A duvet is filled with feathers or something like them and has a cover; a duvet can't be washed, only its cover can. And a duvet is much warmer because down kind of does that.

is this some british thing i don't know about
No. :P

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
No, they're not. A duvet is filled with feathers or something like them and has a cover; a duvet can't be washed, only its cover can. And a duvet is much warmer because down kind of does that.

Actually, a duvet can and should be washed, but because you use a cover for it, you don't need to do it so often (which is good since it takes forever to do so). How often depends on how well you air it out every day. I think 1-2 times a year is recommended (the pillow however they recommend washing about 4 times a year).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom