• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Questions You Hate Being Asked

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
"Are you Mexican?"
"Do you speak Mexican?"

God, everytime someone a asks me this I get so mad because:

1. Just because you see a Spanish person does't always mean they're Mexican.

2. Because Mexican is not a ****ing language people. Spanish is a language. Man, people can be so stupid sometimes. Where the hell does "Is Mexican a language?" come from?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
"Are you Mexican?"
"Do you speak Mexican?"

God, everytime someone a asks me this I get so mad because:

1. Just because you see a Spanish person does't always mean they're Mexican.

2. Because Mexican is not a ****ing language people. Spanish is a language. Man, people can be so stupid sometimes. Where the hell does "Is Mexican a language?" come from?

Mixing up language and accents?

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Are you saying that people who went to public school are ignorant? Also, didn't know that you were a hipster for being homeschooled and were mainstream for going to public school...?

I am so sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I never meant to generalize public schoolers, it's just that most of the ones I've met ask me those questions and it annoys me. They also have had a worse education than me, but that might be just how the local schools are run. And I didn't mean 'mainstream' for going to public school, I meant 'mainstream' like, loving Justin Bieber, saying YOLO and Swag, getting into bad behavior just because it's 'cool'. Those types of people are the ones who are ignorant enough of lifestyles and interests other than theirs to ask me those questions. Not everyone, just the people who are actually ignorant. I hate getting asked those things, because those are the people that ask them. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I hate it when people ask me why I don't talk very often.

My answer to them is that I prefer to listen. That gets them to stop asking.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
These two questions are very common no matter how many times I have to say no...

"Are you Bruce Wayne?" and "Are you Batman?"

Just let me be.

"Got a smoke (cigarette) on you?"

-I don't smoke.

--The same person asks me the same thing again, to which I reply, "No." again.

---Repeat. Several times over.

Other things I hate being asked are those sly, dodgy questions that people use to try to find out if I'm gay or something. They're so effing obvious, it's not even funny. Psychological warfare is futile against me; I know how it works from the inside-out. Hell, you could even say I invented it...

Fig

The Altruist
Some questions that I really hate being asked are as followed:

"Why are you so short?" *twitches* Not my fault that genetics do not want to agree with me. I can't just tell my body to make me grow a few more inches because it doesn't work that way (although I would love it if that were the case).

"Why do you always spend your time on the internet?" Because my mother is limiting my options to hang out with my friends, watch a movie, or go to Gamer's Den (basically a building designed for people to host video game tournaments, play Magic: The Gathering, and simply hang out with your buddies) whenever I want to relax and find peace after such a long week of school.

"Why is that you not like to talk about sex?" Because society has brainwashed the majority of this generation that if you don't have sex, then you are not living life or don't have any goals in life, thus lowers my interest in the subject even more. Plus society has made it seem that sex is everything that life has to offer which it really isn't.

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I answer these kinds of questions with another question, usually because I haven't a single clue what my real answer is.

"Why don't you have a girlfriend?" - Uh, because the vast majority of teenage relationships never work out? / Because my grandma won't let me?
"Don't your parents let you *insert task here*?" - Because's one's dead and the other disowned me?
"Why don't you ever go anywhere?" - Since that would require money and a car?
"How do your get straight A's?" - I sit down, listen, and do all my assignments without complaints?
"How do you draw so good?!" - (Not a bad question, I just get it so many times in one day) Study and practice?
"Do you love *insert person's name here*" - (Serious circumstances) Eh, not really? / (Playful times) OMG, so much yes-ness!
"You don't know what a *insert something from pop culture here*" - Apparently not. Oh, and please don't tell me what it is. I'll keep whatever innocence I still have.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
One of the questions I hate with a burning passion is when you see someone like almost everyday and everytime to start a chat they ask: How are you?
I mean don't get me wrong. It is never bad to ask how someone is doing but does this really need to be asked when you talk to someone like million times a day??? My friend I talk to everyday and I mean literally everyday for hours always start a convo with the "how are you" question. Come on! Start with something else for goodness sake!

A "Why?", "What?", or "How?" question in which the person has no point of reference as to where I could satisfy it without them perpetually asking "Why?", "What?", or "How?" after I've already given them an answer.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
"What kind of music do you listen to?"

That's a bad one. Especially if a cute girl is asking. I can't really say Old School Death Metal without being insta friend zoned and if I just say Metal, it is automatically assumed I listen to bands like Black Veil Brides. Eugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom