• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Question About Motion Control Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ice9ine

Hi all,

I am somehwat of a Zelda noob. A gaming noob definately not as I have been a gamer for well over thirty years. I remember playing Occarina of time on my 64 in those glorious days when gaming was fun...really fun, but I didn't stick with it. Now I am right into RPG's and the like and my interest for this new Zelda game is now quite concerning. Concerning because as a serious PC gamer and 360/ps3 gamer, I may mwell need to rush out and buy a wii just for this baby.

I do have one question though. Is it at all possible to turn off the motion control business for the sword? It's not so much that I will feel somewhat silly swinging the thing around, but I would find it far more immersive if I could not use this option and sinply use a button on the controller to swing.

I hope the answer is yes I can turn the motion off because as much as Skyrim will be incredible, there's something about the zelda world of immersion that I would love to explore albeit without flaying my arm around.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been posted before. I just signed up now just to ask this question because for me, it could be a game breaker.

Cheers.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Sorry, you can't turn off the motion controls. The entire game is built around it. Even pulling the Goddess Sword (precursor to the Master Sword) off the pedestal uses motion controls. Also, wouldn't it be more immersive if you use motion controls? I mean, that's why Nintendo made the Wii, so you could use motion to become closer to the game. Also, I do not suggest buying a wii at this point just for this one game (even if it is totally worth it) because the Wii U (new console) is coming out very soon and it could play Wii games. You could buy Skyward Sword now, and maybe rent a Wii, borrow it from a friend, or buy a Wii U to play it later (though it would be weird to have the game but not play it -_-

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I'm sorry my dear chap, but the motion controls can not be switched off. The reason for this is because the entire game is built around the motion controls and would not work well without them. Plus the 1 to 1 Sword play is a very big deal and will go down into history as a great gaming milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom