• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Question about attack bonuses

dtc

So last day I did a major yest of strength. When I beat the guardian I got a guardian sword with great attack +20 (so it had 60 damage). The thing is, I checked my inventory and I had another 60 dmg guardian sword, but that one had attack +20 instead of great attack. So what's the point in having attack+ and great attack when they can be the same? Maybe attack+ could be up to 15 extra dmg and great attack for more than 15, or maybe based on percentatge.

dtc

The difference is that great attack has higher chances of high damage values. Its the same with the blue and gold durability marks on weapons. Blue has less effectiveness than gold. It's the same for all boosts on gear.
so you say that there can be a great attack weapon with the same attack as a normal one? I dont think it should be like that

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
so you say that there can be a great attack weapon with the same attack as a normal one? I dont think it should be like that
Weapon bonuses with specific values are entirely RNG, so its possible. Blue ones eventually stop appearing altogether in favor of gold, anyway. Sometimes you get lucky with the blue ones early on.

dtc

Weapon bonuses with specific values are entirely RNG, so its possible. Blue ones eventually stop appearing altogether in favor of gold, anyway. Sometimes you get lucky with the blue ones early on.
Ah thank you. Another question: Can fairies stop spawning if you have a certain number of them? Because I have not used a fairy in a long time and there arent fairies at great fairies anymore.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Ah thank you. Another question: Can fairies stop spawning if you have a certain number of them? Because I have not used a fairy in a long time and there arent fairies at great fairies anymore.

Yup Fairy fountains won't spawn fairies if you've got 2 fairies no more will spawn HOWEVER you can get up to 11 fairies as if you are holding the fairies it doesn't count towards the total amount, so via quick releasing and catching you can reach 11 Fairies.

dtc

Ty. I will use this thread to ask some other questions:
1. Anyone knows someone who sells lizards for the climbing set (to upgrade it) or how to farm them?
2. What are the chances for a star fragment to appear? And to drop from a silver lynel? Idk if you can get one from other enemies, because i have gotten them only by lynels.
3. How i can shield clip i suck heavily at doing it.

dtc

Ty. I will use this thread to ask some other questions:
1. Anyone knows someone who sells lizards for the climbing set (to upgrade it) or how to farm them?
2. What are the chances for a star fragment to appear? And to drop from a silver lynel? Idk if you can get one from other enemies, because i have gotten them only by lynels.
3. How i can shield clip i suck heavily at doing it.
Someone here to answer me please?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
1. Beedle sells the hightail lizards at Lakeside stable and south Akkala stable.
2. People say there is a 5% chance of getting a star fragment from a silver lynel, but other say it is just luck, so, idk
3. Do you mean shield surf? And what console are you using, the WiiU or the Switch?

dtc

1. Beedle sells the hightail lizards at Lakeside stable and south Akkala stable.
2. People say there is a 5% chance of getting a star fragment from a silver lynel, but other say it is just luck, so, idk
3. Do you mean shield surf? And what console are you using, the WiiU or the Switch?
WiiU, and I mean shield clipping, that bug where you can shield jump and unequip your shield in front of a wall and if u do it with right timing you will clip through the wall.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
The only useful purpose of shield clipping is to cheat your way through the trial of the sword, and doing the challenge is the whole point of it so unless you're doing the speedrun there's no point spending the time learning it

If you are doing the speedrun you should join a discord for that specific purpose, or watch a YouTube tutorial on the current any% route/skew and shield clipping

dtc

The only useful purpose of shield clipping is to cheat your way through the trial of the sword, and doing the challenge is the whole point of it so unless you're doing the speedrun there's no point spending the time learning it

If you are doing the speedrun you should join a discord for that specific purpose, or watch a YouTube tutorial on the current any% route/skew and shield clipping
i wanted to shield clip just to have fun and go out of bounds in shrines. I have watched a couple videos but still fail a lot (probably on the timing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom