• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Pyra & Mythra are in!

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Thoughts on her/their playstyle and if it vibes with you or not, as well any other thoughts you have in general, like for Alrest or the music or anything.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
They are a lot of fun to play as.

Mythra is always my starter character because of how fast she moves compared to Pyra. Her tilt attacks have decent range so you don't have to stick too close to an opponent. Photon Edge is especially useful for closing the gap, but it feels super easy to cheese as it phases through most attacks and deals moderate damage. Also, I was afraid that Foresight would be the most broken thing, but I haven't gotten it to activate even once.

Pyra's general movements feel akin to walking through mud. Most of her attacks leave her wide open to be punished for a single mistake, but she makes up for this with powerful combos and stoppers (think Burning Edge or Prominence Revolt). I'd swap to her towards the end of the battle to KO a lot quicker, but I'm gonna go back and do Pyra solo run on several fighters to see how she'd fare.

All in all, they're a deadly duo that can stand up against some of the tougher swordsmen (Lucina or Sephiroth) and brawlers.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Thoughts about their inclusion in smash to begin with aside, I find her kit to be incredibly boring.

Imagine Pokémon Trainer or Shiek and Zelda from Melee/Brawl, only instead of switching between 2 or 3 completely unique characters, you swap between Pit and Dark Pit.

Pyra and Mythras entire gimmick is that they’re glorified echos of each other. If you want to make them echos, or better yet just pallet swaps fine. But as a character specific gimmick? That’s just lame.

Of the 2 I guess I prefer mythra as her witch time-like spot dodge is pretty neat, and as far as I know her up special is the only one of its kind so primarily use a projectile in its downward strike as opposed to just going up and immediately coming down like Kirby, Dedede, Ike, Inceneroar, etc. I’m still not particularly fond of either of them though.

Honestly I think Sakurai has kinda been dropping the ball on the 2nd Fighters pass from a mechanical perspective, and that includes Steve as much I as I hate to say it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
yeah first impressions are great, I was gonna get good w/ her no matter what but damn does she feel great to play, she'll probably be up there for me in the long run

as much as I like some of the music picks, I couldn't help but feel that we had a missed opportunity to get some xenoblade DE and especially X tracks, oh well

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I got a bunch of hands on time this afternoon and they're incredibly fun. I didn't think I'd like the character swap because I didn't like it at all on Zelda/Sheik, but I enjoy it on them probably because they're so similar. I always start with Mythra cuz speed and generally I enjoy her more, but it's pretty satisfying to swap to Pyra for a hard-hitting finisher and then swap back.

New DLC fighter ranking has them in the number 2 spot for me. They overtook Hero.

byleth > pyra/mythra > hero >>> joker > sephiroth > min min >>> terry > banjo > steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom