• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors PvP

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
One thing I wish Hyrule Warriors had included was some kind of PvP feature. It has (local) co-op so you can still play with a friend, but I've always felt a deep desire for some kind of competitive gameplay.

So i ask you the question, do you think Age of Calamity should include PvP gameplay? Or should it be strictly PvE like its predecessor?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
As long as it's in its own mode and is not the least bit required for anything, 100% optional with no consequences for never touching it, then I wouldn't mind. I do not care for competitive gameplay personally and I would not want to do pvp myself. Cooperative multiplayer has always been my jam. I don't wanna tell people they can't have it, but I don't want to have to do it if I don't want to for collectibles and stuff.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
The problem with that is the Special Moves and the Focus Spirit Special Moves, as when you use them all other characters basically stop what they're doing and just wait for the animation to play until they get hit. You can see it more clearly if you're playing co-op and you're looking at the other player using a Special Move. It looks really weird with how all the enemies just go into their idle animation and wait for the attack to hit them while you can run around freely with the character not doing the move.
You can't really have that in a PvP battle, since freezing you're opponent every time you use a special move would be annoying as hell. You'd either have to remove them from PvP gameplay, or rework them. They'd also have to balance the characters a lot more than in HW 1, as some of them really sucked in that one (looking at you Agitha), while others were much better

I'm basing this on HW 1, this game might not have those exact same mechanics, so we'll see.

I've barely put too much time in HW1, but I agree with VikzeLink:
You can't really have that in a PvP battle, since freezing you're opponent every time you use a special move would be annoying as hell. You'd either have to remove them from PvP gameplay, or rework them. They'd also have to balance the characters a lot more than in HW 1, as some of them really sucked in that one (looking at you Agitha), while others were much better

I'm basing this on HW 1, this game might not have those exact same mechanics, so we'll see.
They'd have to rework everything on top of what's already been done just for a PvP mode, which in turn would push the game back a good bit, and I don't see that happening. If it did, it'd rub a whole butt-load of people off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom