• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pulling a sickie

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Do you or have you ever done this?

Are there any memorable times when you felt you had to pretend to be ill to get the day off school or work. What are your best excuses?

Just curious. I'm not secretly your teacher or anything...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Final 2 years of high school i pulled sickies fairly often. Between the teachers being incompetent douches and the rampant asshattery and bullying among the students it wasn't worth it at the time.

Only once in my working life and that was cuz i'd missed the bus there and my boss hated late people more than sickies.

Reactions: Dio

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yeah in school every year I would play hookie up to my last day (I think you get like five) when I was just too @#$%ed off to #dealwithit. Didn't matter. Not like I was learning anything anyway :dry:

I wouldn't do anything exciting I'd sit around at home doing anything other than putting up with school's crap.

I get enough time off now I don't need to. There's something oddly liberating about that.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I was never able to get away with it when I was a kid. In my teens I never felt the need to.

Ninja

Well well well
We are incredibly short handed at my job, sometimes if I come off of a 9 day stretch of 12 hour shifts, I’ll call out and draft up a doctors note. I only do this on days where we actually have manager coverage.

Right now we have a small surplus of managers in due to a sister restaurant temporarily closing, so coming up I may need to take an extra day off. We all have over one hundred hours of vacation to burn, however due to being so short handed (3 managers running two different concepts) we will be unable to take them.

Company is too cheap to payout unused vacations. So yeah..

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Just curious. I'm not secretly your teacher or anything...
Sounds like someone who's secretly my teacher would say... :suspicious:

I don't think I've ever actually done this to get an entire day off, but there was a time in 11th grade where I used it to go home early. It's kind of an interesting story. It was in math class, and I guess I fell asleep without even realizing it. I fell so deep in sleep that I was dreaming. I dreamt that my classmates and teacher were trying to wake me up, and as I was waking up I could hear my teacher standing next to me and one of my classmates next to me both trying to wake me up. When I did, my teacher was concerned and thought I was ill, because it was so hard for them to wake me up and I was obviously groggy. She sent me to the nurse, and I don't really remember what I talked about with the nurse, but she asked me if I wanted to go home, so of course I said yes lol. I don't know why they thought I was so sick, I don't remember feeling anything other than sleep-deprived.

I can't really say that I was pretending to be sick, because my teacher and the nurse just assumed I was and I didn't tell them I wasn't. I never tried to fake being sick because I never thought I could get away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom