• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Public Transport

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Do you often use public transport as a means of getting around? Does your city have a good and reliable system going?

I very seldom catch the bus but I take the train multiple times a week to Uni. The service isn't fantastic but it could be much worse. Trains go to my town from the city every half hour.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
There is a universal transit pass that is automatically included in the tuition fees of every student at my university, so I rely on the local transit system heavily. For the most part, the system is efficient, although my bus is often 5-10 minutes late and only runs every half hour which sometimes causes me to be late for class. I use the system because I'm paying for it anyway, so there's no point in paying more money to drive around, plus the bus goes right from my house to my school so it's nice.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Parking in the city can be a massive pain sometimes, especially on weekdays, so I typically park at a train station halfway there and take that the rest of the way. Aside from that, I rarely take any form of public transport otherwise, as I prefer to drive everywhere else. From what I can, the system is acceptable as it is. My greatest problem with it is what feels like constant disruptions on the lines due to construction and such.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I know that trains are very popular in Europe but not so much here. My town/city thing has buses but I rarely (never) use them. It much easier to just drive.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I use the buses mostly as the parking in town is impossible and I'm still a pretty new driver, but I will drive some places....and the bus stop is at the end of my road, or theres one that goes past my house but that takes a windy route....

Last edited:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I mostly walk everywhere, but if I have to go far, I'll take a bus. Just 3.25 gets you an all day pass

Pen

The game is on!
During the cold part of the year I've been taking the bus to work every day. I still do but I think I'll return to taking my bike to work soon. The busses here are on time mostly and they come frequently during the most popular travel hours. I'm very pleased with them. I've also traveled a fair bit with train, but sadly our trains have a somewhat bad reputation of not departing in time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I take a train to work and I hate public transport. I cant wait for the day I dont have to use it anymore. The train tickets are overpriced for the service which is always delayed and doesn't run if there is a dewdrop or a leaf on the line. Then these ****cunts have the audacity to charge for internet on their train service whilst blocking out the 4G signal on their trains.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I used to take public transport (trains and buses) before learning to drive and it was a nightmare. I genuinally had to call my work and tell them that I was going to be late because a cow had got onto the train line and was holding everything up!!! Seems that anything can stop the trains, a leaf, a snowflake, the local wildlife and on top of that its ridiculously overpriced!! Plus if you go to London everyone is always in a rush and are not afraid to throw out an elbow to knock you out of their way, its absolute chaos and commuters are rude so glad I dont have to endure that hell anymore!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I used to take public transport (trains and buses) before learning to drive and it was a nightmare. I genuinally had to call my work and tell them that I was going to be late because a cow had got onto the train line and was holding everything up!!! Seems that anything can stop the trains, a leaf, a snowflake, the local wildlife and on top of that its ridiculously overpriced!! Plus if you go to London everyone is always in a rush and are not afraid to throw out an elbow to knock you out of their way, its absolute chaos and commuters are rude so glad I dont have to endure that hell anymore!
UK transport eh!! and they love to strike, them train guards.....

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I survive on my city's bus system. It's free for everyone, and pops by my house about every half an hour. Being a poor soul with no car or the available funds for one, it keeps me from having to walk to school in the rain. It's only about 2 miles, but it still sucks to walk.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
We don't have any public transport here. The only thing we have that's remotely like that are the school buses that take elementary, middle, and high school kids to school. It's hard to have public transport in rural areas because everything is so spaced out.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't drive. There's no point to having a car in London because it's expensive and wasn't really made for driving. It's not often I actually need to go outside of walking distance from home but when I do I and most people I know exclusively use public transport. It's, 99% of the time, extremely reliable here. Buses run every ten or so minutes for each bus number, tubes come ever 2-3 minutes pretty much all the time, and overground trains while they can be hit and miss mostly run every 10-15 mins or so at worst. We usually have notice if a line is gonna be out of action, they carry out maintenance work overnight for minimum disruption. It's expensive but really for the most part I can't complain. It also goes pretty much everywhere. Buses run at night, some routes are 24 hour and others have night bus versions with slightly different but p much the same routes. We also have night tube now, so major lines also run 24 hours on Friday and Saturday to accommodate the night life, but that only started this past winter.

It's only when I leave the city I kinda wish I had the option of driving. Trains go pretty much everywhere in the country but national rail is ridiculously expensive.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Public transit here is awful and expensive. But I have to use it cause I don't have a car.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Do you often use public transport as a means of getting around? Does your city have a good and reliable system going?

I very seldom catch the bus but I take the train multiple times a week to Uni. The service isn't fantastic but it could be much worse. Trains go to my town from the city every half hour.

Don't own a car, so of course I use public transport to get around, lol. The bus system here is pretty good. I have a bus going towards the city center that comes by ever 10 minutes during the day and ever 20 minutes in the evening. So that's pretty good and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom