• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Public Toilets

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Do you like to use them? Avoid them at all costs or only use them when necessary?

I don't like going in any grotty ones particularly to do a number 2 but I do use those that are pleasant looking and well maintained. Department Store toilets are usually good and our city Mall has some pleasant ones.

If I go to a restaurant I feel compelled to check out its toilet facilities and utilise them. I know many people who hate going outside their own home unless absolutely essential yet I always think it is better to destroy a public toilet than my own.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well honestly, being a guy, I don't have that much of a problem going number one at any public toilet since, for obvious anatomical reasons, I don't have to sit down. Though I'm still kind of.... well very germophobic about touching the faucet handle or door handle because you know most people never washed their hands leaving it. If a number two is pending, I only will if I know for sure it simply cannot wait. Otherwise I wait until I'm home.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I don't enjoy using them, but if I need to use one, I'll just use it. The thought of being around others at all while using the restroom is sort of... strange. Doesn't feel like I have any privacy whatsoever. It isn't as bad if no one is around, but it sucks when the bathroom is packed with people. Especially at stadiums, and the like.

I absolutely hate it, because I have a psychological disorder, the name of which escapes me, that prevents me from taking a piss when someone else is around. This means that whenever I have to go to a public bathroom and am unlucky enough to not enter it with at least one free stall, I am forced to stand idly at a urinal while trying my best to just let out what's almost bursting my bladder, failing, then leaving and hoping no one noticed.

(this is not a joke by the way, I'm dead serious here)

Dan

I avoid them like the plague, probably because public toilets have the plague within them. When ever I decide to go out I make a keen battle plan not to eat or drink anything hours prior to going out. I AM NOT GOING TO RESORT TO A PUBLIC TOILET NO MATTER THE COST! Yes I may be a man that can simply go in and out within seconds but I would rather not go in and at all. Yes there's different types of public toilets and some are "better" than others but they are all for the most part the same horrid place.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
As a general rule it doesn't bother me. My sister will stand and arrange toilet paper on the seat before she'll sit on it but I ain't got time for dat ****. If they're dirty or disgusting then I'd rather avoid them at all costs but most of the time, especially in actual establishments, they're cleaned regularly and are ok enough that I'll go when I need to

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Say what you will about how horrible Walmart is (they really are), they do have very nice bathrooms. At least the ones I've been in. They clean them regularly. And everything is automatic. Everything flushes on its own, the faucets sense your hands and turn on and off by themselves, most stores (but not all) have automatic soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers and air dryers are automatic, and almost all of them have hallways (that have several turns to block direct views inside) instead of doors. Covering most germ exposure issues from people who never wash their hands.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I often go to toilet in my school, it doesn't bother me much. But public WC like in malls and shops are different story. Sure I go there if I have to, but not if I have opition not to go. They are often kinda dirty and uncomfortable to be in.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Fact: you've never really seen the bottom of the barrel until you visit a public restroom on the German Autobahn. The things that I've seen... The things I wish I could forget,,, Dear Lord.

I have this weird *ahum* 'fear' of urinating when other people are in the same room. Thus it's kind of hard for me to use urinals out in public. Sucks, but oh well.

I have this weird *ahum* 'fear' of urinating when other people are in the same room. Thus it's kind of hard for me to use urinals out in public. Sucks, but oh well.

Sounds like the same thing I outlined above. I'm pretty sure that's a medically recognized condition, but I forgot what it's called. Cool to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this though.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Sounds like the same thing I outlined above. I'm pretty sure that's a medically recognized condition, but I forgot what it's called. Cool to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this though.
Oh yeah! What I end up doing a lot is going into one of the stalls and try to go there. That seems to work for me sometimes, but I totally recognize the standing at a urinal WANTING to go, but for some weird reason you just can't because people are around. Nothing will come out. It's so annoying!

Definitely is, I feel your pain buddy. It works for me most of the time in the stalls, though I still sometimes have a hard time even then.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Paruresis it is called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom