• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Puberty

OK I need help my little cousin is hitting puberty and I have caught him doing things in his room if you know what I mean. What should I do it's always basically me and him home together. So should I talk to him about it or what. He does it a lot and I know it's natural and all guys do it. Do how should I approach him about it?

Well, if you view it as natural and therefore good then I can't see why you'd need to approach him about it, except to congratulate him. And, if it is possible, you should correct the title's spelling.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Simply; don't. He knows about masturbation, and most likely knows about sex as well. There's not much else to tell him. You can say it's perfectly natural, and you can say/talk about the changes that occur, but you don't need to go into much detail. He'll figure it out eventually, or learn from friends, the internet or from school.

Don't treat it like it's un-natural or strange. If you're going to talk about it, make it seem as normal and accepted as possible, and tell him there's nothing to be ashamed of.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Just tell his mother and father (or other guardians) what you saw him doing, and let them decide how to handle it. You're probably not mature enough to handle this situation yourself, and it's their job to coach him in any way they see fit. He's their responsibility, after all.

Last edited:
I know it's natural but when he's in his room and it's just us it makes for an awkward environment.
And I guess y'all are right lol if he ask I'll answer him and leave it alone....and I don't think congratulating him would be the most proper thing to do lol

If you don't mind me asking. Where's your cousin's parents? They may or should talk to your cousin about sex [this includes masturbation] at some point. I understand you trying to help, but it isn't really your job to discuss things of this nature with him.

Also, I agree with Arkvoodle for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
His parents work a lot and aren't here but maybe once a week. Which leaves me my parents aren't here much either due to work. So I don't have a problem telling him stuff he just needs to do it at like night or something

Last edited:

The Alltergeist

Low-key Shade
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, I would say you need to approach his parents about this. Attraction comes by nature at a young age, but it's probably best he avoids erotic activity right now, if he has just hit puberty (which would make him 13, 14, I'd say).

Last edited:
I know it's natural but when he's in his room and it's just us it makes for an awkward environment.
And I guess y'all are right lol if he ask I'll answer him and leave it alone....and I don't think congratulating him would be the most proper thing to do lol
You mean he does it while you're in the room?

And why not congratulate him, for he has found (by himself, most likely! A true incident of Divine Inspiration!) something that is pleasurable and therefore naturally good, and has begun on the Holy Path of the Cosmic Marquis de Sade, Glorious King Elagabalus, and the Dual Deities Aristippus?

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
His parents work a lot and aren't here but maybe once a week. Which leaves me my parents aren't here much either due to work. So I don't have a problem telling him stuff he just needs to do it at like night or something
You shouldn't tell on him because he masturbates. It's a natural thing. It's not like he's taking drugs or drinking. Let him be, and let him develop. The parents will have a fair idea anyway. Or at least, they will eventually. All kids experiment around that age. Maybe not as young as 11, but some "bloom" earlier than others when it comes to sexual maturity.

Oh no he doesn't I'm 16 and he's 11 he does it in his room. And I've caught him doing like a lot and I guess I'll just congratulate him cause everyone says to lol

You wouldn't absolutely necessarily have to congratulate him. Just let him be. He does it in the privacy of his own space, correct? Also, his parents must have spoken with him at some point about this kind of thing. If not, they will likely do so at some point. Even if they never discuss it with him, it would seem he's already found out on his own, which is quite common. He's just a bit of an "early bloomer," as they say.

I'm not gonna tell on him arkvoodle he can masturbate all he wants just it's weird when you walk in a room and your 11 yr. Old cousin is masturbating. But I'll just drop it and wait until whatever I agree he should be congradulated. I guess I don't believe any people start at 11 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom