• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Psychics, fortune tellers, do you believe in them?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Wathing some horror movies and of course there is alway this person who tells the main characters their house or children are possessed. They know help. I guess ou get my drift. So I was wondering, do you actually believe in them? I don't mean having a dream coming true or a feeling coming true. I mean the actual people who claim to tell the future. I also don't mean the famous circus or fancy fair people.
Did you ever visit a psychic and did things come true? Or do you think they're frauds?

Some people are convincing but no.

In fact whenever I come across a fortune teller Iie to them to see if they call me out.

If they can genuinely do what they say they do then they'd know I wasn't being truthful.

It'd also be a very different world if had people who could genuinely foretell the future and banish evil entities and misfortune, the reason these people have to charge for their services rather than being hired by the government is because they can't.

I also don't believe the religious side of psychics either with the angels and communions with God etc. But that's mostly because I'm not religious at all and don't believe those things exist to begin with.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
No. Once a guy was predicting my star. I was surprised that he got 30% of my traits right.
But then he started to say weird things like
"Military isn't your cup of tea"
"You would live in your Mother-in-laws money"
And then the worst
"You shall be married within the age of 25 and will be influenced by your wife strongly"
These kind of people really piss me off. So it's a big no for me.

Also I don't believe in these stuff and I strongly believe that everything in this universe is scientific.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I don't believe that the future can be predicted by supernatural means. If this were the case fortune tellers would be the most prosperous people on the planet, but this isn't the reality.

I won't go as far as to say they are all frauds, because I don't have any experience meeting a fortune teller. I'd need to accumilate some data first, then draw a conclusion, but my hunch is fortune telling isn't real.

I have never visited a psychic but my sister did and the stuff the psychic said to her about this will be happening to my sister actually did happen.

Ninja

Well well well
One of my mom's friends thinks shes Jesus's prophet and makes all of these odd predictions. One day she predicted that my guardian angel was a goldfish I had when I was a kid. You'd have better luck with a magic 8-ball.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I typically think no as most of the time their predictions are vague enough or they use some weird wording to lead you on. Also the fact they aren't nearly as common. You'd think governments would regularly use fortune tellers for their abilities and they definitely have the money for their crazy prices.
So no I think they're just a fun party trick.

TheTrueHero

The Skeleton of Judgement
I think that they just act like they are seeing the future and determining your fortune and all that, but in reality, they just blurt out random things and call it a fortune

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i think people possess a natural capacity to predict what will happen in the future (not supernatural) and that one can train to hone this ability and that insofar as that is true a lot of psychics/fortune tellers/mentalists are probably better at what they do than an average person would be.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I do not believe in them.

Most of them are just good at things like cold reading, and use that to craft stories that are vague enough to be true and fill in the blanks with what details they're able to guess about their client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom