• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PS4 Remote Assist, What Do You Think About It

in some games of the WII, we had charictors that will help you beat a level. Now Sony has the same Idea but with an interesting twist, Remote play basically if you cant beat a level of a game, and you cant get access to a walkthough or dont want to read or watch one, then you can get one of your friends take control of your game through their system. now this feature i find rather interesting because its an old idea( pass the controller to your friend so he can beat the game) but now it can be done online. so this can be a cool feature, you can make a 1 player game into a 2 player game ( kind of) However I am wondering how this system will work. I am guessing that you need to have your friend in your PSN account as a friend and that they will also need the same copy of the game you are playing. now the 1 thing that concerns me is. what if hackers hacked PSN ( again) could they get access to controlling your game and they mess things up reaking havoc on your game? thats the only thing i see that is negative to this idea, hopefully Sony had updated their security for this to work right. so what to you think of this remote assist, will you bee using it if you have to and will this idea work?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The idea definitely sounds great, but how well will Sony be able to implement it? Will it be available for all systems? It sounds like a gimmick to get people to purchase the device, if anything. Remember Nintendo's raving about how you could play games on the Gamepad? Yeah, only a few games have access to the Display feature. So, I don't know much about Remote Assist. It needs to be supported across at least 40% of the PS4 library, for one. Two, I personally don't think that my friend and I should both have to own the game, but at the same time this might give rise to piracy and what not. Three, servers would need to be strong; I don't want PSN going out while my friend saved progress for me!

Oh, and another question. What will happen to the achievements? Will my friend get them or will they go to me?

Oh, and another question. What will happen to the achievements? Will my friend get them or will they go to me?

well maybe the PS4 will have another kind of system smiler to trophies/Achievements. other then that im not sure, good question

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom