• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PS3 Game Saves

Sorry if this is a n00b question...

I'm getting a PS3, I've never owned one before.. I am wondering about game saves - do you require PS3 memory cards? Or can you save onto the PS3 itself?

PS3s usually have a decent amount of memory stored in them. You can buy them in 50gb models, 250gb models, etc. Even with the cheapest model, which I think is like 25gb or something that's still a large amount of memory to save on,

PS3s usually have a decent amount of memory stored in them. You can buy them in 50gb models, 250gb models, etc. Even with the cheapest model, which I think is like 25gb or something that's still a large amount of memory to save on,

Thanks for the info. I went for a 60gb one, so sounds like plenty then. It's backwards compatible with ps2 too - would I need a ps2 memory card for the ps2 game saves?

Even though it has internal save data, you can always get an SD card in case you want to have a backup save.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's internal storage like most electrical entertainment devices these days. Plus most PS3's, even the newer offers, are relatively cheap and have a decent hard drive. Mine is 80gb and I've only used 50% of it over the 5 and a half of years I've had it. So memory isn't going to be problem I can assure you.

Thanks for the info. I went for a 60gb one, so sounds like plenty then. It's backwards compatible with ps2 too - would I need a ps2 memory card for the ps2 game saves?
As far as I'm aware, the system isn't backwards compatible with PS2 games. I know mine wasn't; however some models have known to be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom