• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PS1 Vs Xbox?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I'm trying to decide which console to get. PS1 is $15 but the games will be more expensive while the Xbox is $40 and the games will be cheaper. Either way they both even out, but which one is better? Which console should I get?

It depends on what other consoles you do have. If you have a PS2/Gamecube, you can get most of the Xbox games on those, aside from Halo and Forza. The PS1, however, has a mostly unique library of great RPGs, platformers, and actiony games.

I don't own either systems, but the original Xbox just doesn't look like a very appealing system. It's design is ugly as butt and I hear its controller is rather uncomfortable. Also, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of exclusive games on it worth anyone's time except Halo and maybe Fable. The PS1 meanwhile has a large library of classic titles to dig into.

Then again, if you don't have a PC that can play them, I would recommend the Xbox just to play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
PS1 at these current prices. But I'd look on ebay. I got an Xbox, one controller, and Halo for 25 bucks. I also know the Xbox has its fair of great games. Halo and Halo 2 and MGS2 are just quick examples.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Depends on what gen games you'd rather play. The original Xbox had some great titles like KoTOR, Halo 1, SW: Republic Commando, Fable, Crimson Skies, Black and Morrowind.
If your PC isn't a toaster, you can definitely most of those games for the PC anyways, in which case go for the PS1 (but still get those games ;) )

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think people are quick to disregard the Xbox, it had a lot of quality games on it. I'd say get both if you could, but you'll be happy with either purchase. Xbox in particular got a lot of quality PC titles like Raj listed above, Morrowind and Half Life 2.

If you like Japanese games, particularly RPGs, the PS1 is best. If you like Western games, particularly shooters, the Xbox is best. But both deliver everything. PS1 has a good few action titles, Xbox has some solid RPGs. So, just preference really.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
PS1. I'd argue the Xbox is defunct and simply not worth the time. Q_Q

Of course the xbox is easier to mod then harddriveless ps1.

So, thats something to consider.

Oh my

The nightmares are returning of the Original Xbox's abomination of a controller...

:blank:

For the record I actually liked the original huge controllers for the xbox. They fit my hand quite nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom