• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Proposed Forum Changes

Should We Add A Fire Emblem Sub-Forum?

• Yeah, give it a go

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Nah, a group will suffice

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I might be a bit biased since I'm a fan of the FE series, but I would enjoy a sub-forum dedicated to Fire Emblem. It is getting pretty popular nowadays, and since we've got a mobile game AND a spin-off coming out, as well as game for Switch next year, it's got a lot to discuss.

I do understand that there's a concern that it might not be widely used, but maybe fans would be more active if they had a place dedicated to their franchise? I don't think it would hurt to have a trial run. Set it in place of Hyrule Warriors, and it won't affect website space anymore than HW being a sub-forum. If it doesn't work, then eh, it was worth a shot.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm throwing in my 'yes' vote. Pokemon had a subforum for a while (I think. Maybe I'm thinking of Zelda Universe), so I see no reason not to experiment with a Fire Emblem subforum.

Djinn

and Tonic
That was this place, we had a pokemon subforum for a while.

Typically forums dedicated to a specific game only last about a year or so, and I think it might be time to remove the HW section. I'm not sure if it really needs its own section any longer.

For Fire Emblem, I'm not really seeing the need so far. I tend to think subforums are necessary when there are a lot of threads to the subject already and it would help out the current section to have things moved away. I'm not so sure that is necessary for FE yet.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
There isn't a need for an entire sub-forum for Fire Emblem, it's exactly the same as the MonHun Group, only a small group of people enjoy the game enough to want to forumise about it so keep it as a group.

Also yeah time to phase HWs out that's been hanging around for awhile ^^

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why does it need to be popular to exist?
Because otherwise we could justify having a subforum for every game franchise ever. If that's what you're advocating that's another discussion entirely but I think that's rather silly.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This is, first and foremost, a Legend of Zelda forum. Therefore, the majority of the discussion that takes place here focuses on such. The only reason we have a World of Pokémon section is because it used to be a joint Zelda/Pokémon forum, but Pokémon Dungeon is no longer a thing. Rather than remove the section entirely, it was made into a subforum, but was still kept as its own section because there is still a large, dedicated Pokémon fanbase here. There are only a small number of people here who made make good use out a Fire Emblem section, so I hardly see it as being a necessary addition to the forum. We have a General Gaming forum that fulfills the purpose of talking about anything games other than Zelda. tbqh, we don't even need a Pokémon section, but we already had one from this being a Pokémon site, so it was just kept. Adding other forums is honestly not necessary. Like I said, this is a Zelda site first and foremost, so we don't need dedicated sections to talk about non-Zelda games aside from the General Gaming section.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Because having literally dozens of sub forums for niche games makes no sense when you can just have those threads in General Gaming. Why would we have, say, a The World Ends With You general that has 5 threads in it? If you don't see why this is silly then I really don't know what to tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom