• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Proof That Ganaondorf is Demise's Hatred Reincarnated

So some people have been saying that Ganondorf is not really an incarnation of Demise's hatred for the gods. That he is just under the influence of Demise or just sees Demise as his role model. Well I've been thinking about that and I thought of of a theory that might disprove that. Do you remember the scene in Twilight Princess when the sages are trying to execute Ganondorf but can't? So instead they just seal him within the Twilight Realm. In fact I think every game that has Ganondorf with the exception of Wind Waker Ganondorf gets SEALED and never KILLED. So if Ganondorf never really isn't the vessel of Demise's hatred, then why can't he be killed? Why does he always have to be sealed? That is because he IS the manifestation of one thing: Demise's hatred. And because Demise's anger is immortal and eternal, Ganondorf is also immortal and eternal. I remember reading a comment by TheBlueReptile saying that the curse Demise put on Link and Zelda was figurative and made up to sound mighty even to his bitter end. I respect TheBlueReptile's interpretation of Demise's Curse but my honest opinion is that Demise literally meant what he said and that Link and Zelda will have to fight the heir to Demise's hatred(Ganondorf) for all eternity. What are your thoughts on my theory? Feel free to agree or disagree.

The biggest proof for this is seen in Demise's last words in Skyward Sword, "My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!”

The only problem with Ganondorf is his alleged death on the Child Timeline in Twilight Princess, however, knowing Nintendo, I have no doubt they'll bring him back. Heck, he's dead on all three timelines! Yup, Skyward Sword was the ultimate justification for the return of Ganon.

Medal-Zelda-2-gameover-1041428.jpg

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Why yes. I actually thought the fact was quite obvious! Demise quite literally spells it out at the end of the game: "My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!”

And , actually, Ganondorf/Ganon die a few times in the series. But after he dies, Ganon's/Demise's Spirit is reincarnated.

Ganon/Ganondorf Quite literally die in:

A Link To the Past
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of seasons
The Legend of Zelda

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
The whole theory is flawed, it was the triforce of power that protected Ganondorf from the sages, not anything related to Demise, he got it when Link returned in time at the end of OoT, as for the actual statement, I think Demise was speaking rethoricaly, he isn't reborn, his hatred is reborn anew, his hatred isn't a being or a spirit, just hatred

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I agree that Ganondorf is Demise's hatred reborn and I think it was made really obvious. Demise even looks like Ganondorf, with his flaming mane resembling Ganondorf's red hair.

What I don't agree with is Ganondorf being immortal because of this. He dies fairly often. True he's been sealed away plenty of times too but we at least know he can be killed. With the specific example of the Sage's attempted execution prior to banishing him to the Twilight Realm, the Triforce of Power is what protected him, that much is clear.

"It is born anew in a cycle with no end!"

This quote makes it seems that they can kill Ganondorf/Ganon as often as they please. He'll just be reborn or ressurected at some point.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Considering Demise himself died, your argument doesn't really hold up. There's nothing to suggest that Demise's hatred would/could keep someone from dying. I do think that it's very heavily implied that his hatred lives on through every incarnation of evil though, including Ganondorf.

Considering Demise himself died, your argument doesn't really hold up. There's nothing to suggest that Demise's hatred would/could keep someone from dying. I do think that it's very heavily implied that his hatred lives on through every incarnation of evil though, including Ganondorf.
Actually demise is sealed to in the master sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom