• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Pronunciation of Farore

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, I suppose it's all irrelevant, considering that the franchise has no voice-acting that might establish a way to pronounce it. So pronounce it however you want.

I've always pronounced it "fah-roar".

And it isn't like that in French. It would be almost like "fah-roar", but the "r" would be different. I have no idea how to write how it would be pronounced.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
fah-roh-RAE is how I pronounce it. I have a mildly thick French accent so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It's obviously Ferrari, guys.

All kidding aside, I usually say it /fə·rōr´/ and depending on the emphasis, there may be a resultant third syllable // appended; fə·rōr´·⟨rə⟩. For those of you not familiar with phonetic symbols (I haven't perfected the art of using them, either, so no worries), I say something along the lines of fah·roh·⟨reh⟩.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I say fah-roar, although I've heard it said fa-roar-ey. My r's are non-rhotic, being English, so the last r isn't emphasised. Anyway, it wouldn't be pronounced that way in French. If there was an upwards accent on the last e the emphasis of the word word would change to being on the last syllable rather than the second one. If it was a downward accent then it might possibly sound how you said it, similar to German, but tbh like someone else (I forget :S) said, I think the 'r' sound would change not the end of the word. Idk, I guess it doesn't matter particularly. I find Nayru harder. Is it Nay-roo or nye-roo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom