• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pronouncing "Malon"?

If there is already somewhere I can go, then please direct me. If it turns out other people have the same problem as me then come on in and read.

How do you pronounce Malon? Given her father's name is Talon, which IS a common word (a bird's foot), I assumed it was pronounced the same way as that word. (Tal-in, so one could pronounce Malon the same way) I personally pronounce it like one pronounces salon.

Which is the correct pronounciation?

Last edited:
I say it May-lon, but I tend to say things wrong. It doesn't have to much emphasis on the May, so it kind of sounds like salon.

I imagine it rhyming with the word talon. So ma-len, with the a being pronounced like the a in "snap" or "crap".

But there is no correct pronunciation, at least not until someone at Nintendo says it out loud.

In a game with no voice acting, it is mostly up to the player to decide the pronunciations of the various names that the game includes. Even still, it is not 100% reliable, as English voice actors of an originally Japanese game are not exempt from making errors in pronunciation. It is best to follow what you think is correct and/or sounds better to you.

That said, I personally follow Trio the Punch's approach to pronouncing it; by looking at Talon's name and using the short-a sound, as in the words "map" and "tap."

T

triple split

ma-lon is this for real i mean really its not like people

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I pronounce it like the way you say a birds 'talon', I don't actually know how to put that down on a computer though :embarrassed:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I pronounce it My-Lon. But that's one thing about Zelda games, is that you can pronouce it any way you want and nobody cares.

I say MA(like ma and pa) LON. Pronunciation of anything is not my strong suit. I say Phi as "fee" and I pronounce Ocarina as "oh-carina" instead of "ah-carina".

Yep. Thats me, the guy who has an extensive vocabulary as some say, but can't get the words out correctly. :)

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I say it like the OP but I have heard people say Milin as in Mill-in. Yeah I have no idea where they get that from...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom