• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing Majora's Mask one day, and I beat Snowhead Temple. I did some stuff after that, and quit. I went to an owl in Clock Town, I think, and saved. Then, the other day, I started playing, and all of my progress was gone! No profile!:( I was SO mad, because I had put so much work into all of the walkthroughs I used! Mostly here, but I used one on Youtube for the Deku Temple! Do you guys know what happened?:(

Majora's Mask has a different save system from the other games in the series. In Majora's Mask, you save by playing the Song of Time, or by an Owl Statue. However, since you lost your progress, and you're unsure about whether you did or did not go to an Owl Statue, I think it's safe to say you didn't go to the statue.

Remember, save your game with the Song of Time. Also, Owl Statues are not permanent saves. They're more like a bookmark, I guess, in which the saved data is then deleted when you pick up again.

mabye you switched out the memory card? ah well, i geuss that once you got there once you should be able to breese through those 2 levels again, but its unfortunate that u have to restart

The Memory card! thank you! cuz my game is from the wii shop. i'll try that! thank you SO much!

Aw man... I can't find it... :mad:

The Memory card! thank you! cuz my game is from the wii shop. i'll try that! thank you SO much!

Aw man... I can't find it... :mad:
If you downloaded Majora's Mask from the Wii Shop Channel, there is no need for a memory card. The saved data for the game is on the Wii, unless you bought the game and had it stored on an SD card when it was downloading.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The most likely thing is that you were using Owl Statues to save throughout the whole game, meaning that whenever you picked up, all of that was deleted. And seeing as you had been doing it for a while, then you most likely didnt save the last time, everything was deleted.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Just bear in mind about saving - as already mentioned, only playing the Song of Time actually stores your progress as far as items/masks you've gotten. Think of the "saving" at the Owl Statues as simply pausing the game, then starting up the file again unpauses it. Also, keep in mind that pressing B when in the Start Menu only exits the menu .. it doesn't save or give the option to save the game like it does in OoT.

Aw, man... but I'll just breeze right through the dungeons again!

I was at "Them", and wasn't going to be ready to beat it anyway... I'm still :(, though... :(

Aw, man... but I'll just breeze right through the dungeons again!

I was at "Them", and wasn't going to be ready to beat it anyway... I'm still :(, though... :dry:

I was at "Them", and wasn't going to be ready to beat it anyway... I'm still :(, though... :dry:
Sorry for the multiple post.. I don't know why it's doing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom