• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Profile Background Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
How do you put large pictures as your background, I uploaded one that was 920 x 1440 and it downscaled it from around 1.62 MB to somewhere in the double digit kilobytes, I also noticed that some people (like Nicole's Okami background) have extremely large background that doesn't repeat as a grid (well it kind of does once you scroll down but nvm), I just want to know how to upload large pictures and use them as my background.

To add a page background go to Customize My Profile->Page Background and you can choose to repeat an image horizontally, vertically, or both ways. Also, if I'm correct you're referring to the Inasctive Module background with reference to Nicole's profile. You are also able to add images to that part of your profile.

WGjy

produces:

WGk5

WGkt

produces:

WGl7

I hoped I helped you somewhat.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Typically the easiest way to set a background for your profile is to get the direct link to the image. For example, mine is http://www.artofokami.com/images/wallpapers/okami_wp8_1440.jpg, which I would copy and paste into the "Page Background" field:

WGlx

If you click on the color box next to the "Page Background" field (mine is white), this box will appear:

WGn0

This is how you can choose to set a repeat for your page background.

I think your problem may be that you are not direct linking the image. I'll help you out with that via VM, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom