• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Professor Layton

okay, this thread is simple. have you played the professor layton games, and if so, what did you think of them. i find that they are amazing, and along with zelda, one of my favorite game series. the puzzles are so fun and the story really stops you from getting bored, simply because you want to know what happens next.

I don't know why but I find most the puzzles really hard :S I've only played Professor Layton and the cheesy English accents.. I mean Curious Village :P and just thought the puzzles were really hard, i was even looking up pictured guides just to do most of them! :S

And it's not as if I'm dumb or anything, i love games that have puzzles in them, but this... no :(

S

~SongOfStorms

I really like the Professor Layton games. I've never really played a game like them before so its nice to play something different. I find a few of the puzzles quite difficult, a lot seem like trick questions and I always fall for them. xD

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The professor layton games are added to my favourite franchise list. The puzzles are a bit too challenging sometimes, but it feels so good if you find the answer on your own after hours of hard thinking. I played Curious village and Pandora's box and I liked the story in both games (although the conclusion of Pandora's box was a bit dissappointing).

The only little downside is that Pandora's box was fully translated in Dutch. It is very useful for the puzzles, but the voices are a bit....super cheesy. Especially luke's voice is a joke :dry:. I liked the english version better because of the english accent :P

I also saw the japanese trailer of the third professor layton game and I really hope the english (or dutch version....) will be for sale soon :D

I have a youtube video of a scene of the Dutch version of Pandora's box. For everyone who played Pandora's box in english.....I wish you good luck. Oh and there could be a spoiler or two in this scene (but most of you can't understand dutch so don't worry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMQCffExE-U

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I Love the Professor Layton Games! They both go on my top 10 list.
I found most of the puzzles to be quite tricky, yet some of them were insanely easy.

The most confusing for me was near the beginning of Pandora's Box/Diabolical box, were a date was inscribed on a fountain, it was the wrong date and you had to find the correct one using logic.

The answer turned out to be the date backwards and reflected in the water of the fountain. Gah! My head hurts! :S

The only downside to Pandora's/Diabolical box was the ending.
It was quite dissapointing, but sad at the same time.

But anywho.
I loved the game and I can't wait for the Third one: Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel!

H

Hero of Limes

The most confusing for me was near the beginning of Pandora's Box/Diabolical box, were a date was inscribed on a fountain, it was the wrong date and you had to find the correct one using logic.

I remember that one I knew it had to do with the water just took a little thinking. Professor Layton is one of my most favorite series also.

I've played through some of curious village, and I liked it. I might get the Diabolical Box soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom