• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Procrastination

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I consider myself a semi procrastinator. It doesn't happen often, but there are times when I have procrastination spells. Usually I have mutiple things I could be working on, or I have entertainment enough to keep me satisfied. Instead of doing anything productive I end up doing nothing worthwhile when those spells hit.

Just last Monday I had one. I decided I was going to finish up a project. Instead I just listened to music, and put a little of time towards videogames. The majority of that day felt like I spent it staring at my computer screen. At points I even had ideas for the project, but I didn't act on them, instead I just continued to stare at the screen.

I'm actually a little worried because it hasn't passed over fully yet.

Do you procrastinate? How bad would you say your procrastination is?

Yeah, I do procrastinate a lot... Not very proud of it, but it also hasn't really got me into problems either because I do not panic when I have limited time left. In fact, I sometimes just need that pressure in order to "pull it off" and deliver a solid and delimited final product.
Lots of school work was finished with only minutes left before the deadline. And I have to give a demo tomorrow at work, which I probably will prepare an hour before I have to give it.

Procrastination could be a sign that you are doing things that you do not like to do, or a sign that your head is too busy with other stuff. There is only a very limited amount of time each day that we really can be productive. Slacking/procrastinating therefore does not have to be something bad.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
When I was at university I left everything to the last minute but it's not like I was telling myself I was gonna do it any other way. I know what I'm like and unless there is an immediate deadline I'm not going to do something unless I actually enjoy doing it.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
It's the other way around for me if it is a 5minute job I procrastinate to later if it is a humungous job weighing on my shoulders I will deal with it first

NintendoCN

Team Captain
My procrastination caused me to fail two courses that ended yesterday, midnight hit before I managed to finish most of my assignment. I get to retake them in a month or so. I learned my lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom