• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Problems with the Official Timeline

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
OK, so if you havn't already noticed, Nintendo released the OFFICIAL Timeline for the Legend of Zelda series.

Zelda-Timeline1.jpg

It is very good and it fits together. Except for one thing. This "thing" involves the Oracles: Din, Farore, and Nayru.
In the timeline it puts The Minish Cap at the very beginning, after Skyward Sword. Then, down near the end of the timeline sits The Oracle games.
Here is the problem: In the Minish Cap you can get figurines of EVERY character and enemy in the game. With the figurine is a description of the character/enemy. When you get the figurines of the Oracles (Din, Farore, and Nayru) it says that they are decendents of the great oracles of Holodrum/Lybranna.

How can this be if he Oracle games come WAY after the Minish Cap?
This is a kind of a big error on Nintendo's part.

So, have you fond any other errors with the Official Timeline? If so, post them here!

The Minish Cap is an incredibly silly game AND the figurines should not be used as a timeline making point. I think it's best not to argue with Nintendo. They did everything intentionally and Din, Nayru, and Farore aren't important to the plot of The Minish Cap at all.

I don't find the figurines as a really reliable source to base the timeline off of and having the Oracles was probablly just thrown in as a cameo more than likely.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I haven't really had a great chance to sit down and think about the timeline they have presented to us but I really don't (and never have) seen easter eggs like that as holding any real relevance in time line placement. As has been said, the oracle's are not relevant to the story of MC and taking the mention of them as historical in game is forgetting that it's a game.

As for any problems I have, as mentioned I've only looked at it superficially. But if this is indeed the correct timeline then they will problems that I will have to get my head around understanding and forgiving flaws rather than being upset about.

I do feel rather hypocritical, I've wanted an official timeline for years and now that it looks like we've got one I can't help wish we didn't. I enjoy the theorizing, I didn't think I did but it turns out I did. However just watch them denounce this timeline as incorrect and then me start wanting one again :P

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I think it's a pretty descent interpretation of the timeline, but how do we know for sure it's official or even that it was translated correctly. Just because it's in a book doesn't mean much unless Miaymoto specifically states it in the book himself or even in an interview. And the whole splitting into 3 part, I'm sorry but I'm skeptical of this. But hey atleast it's something we all can go off of.

I think it's a pretty descent interpretation of the timeline, but how do we know for sure it's official or even that it was translated correctly. Just because it's in a book doesn't mean much unless Miaymoto specifically states it in the book himself or even in an interview. And the whole splitting into 3 part, I'm sorry but I'm skeptical of this. But hey atleast it's something we all can go off of.

The book was produced by Eiji Aonuma, the producer of Zelda, so I think it has some legitimacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom