• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pro Tips - Post Yours.

Pro tip 1: Once you've played through the intro of the game(after you get the green tunic), save the game and make 2 copies of it in the remaining slots. Just in case.

Believe me, the intro is great but I don't think you wanna go through it twice. There's a lot of text and almost no gameplay.

Pro tip 2: to make complete sword movements you don't need get the wiimote to one side and then slash, like 1:1 suggests. Have the wiimote centered, and when you want to slash from left-to-right just flick(quickly and firmly) the wiimote from the center to the right. But don't make the movement very short, or sometimes it'll be interpreted as a thrust attack. Whenever you can, your index finger in the side of the wiimote, it helps to keep your movements straight.

Pro tip 3: When using the "Pro Tip 2" you don't need to recenter your wirst after each strike, if you want to slash horizontally then, right after vertically: with the wiimote centered flick it horizontally (say right-left), at the end of the movement flick it vertically (usually down-up comes more easily).

Pro tip 4: sometimes the enemy will just parry every strike you land, even when he apparently leaves a opening and you go for it. Don't get angry, it's not the you stroke wrongly or the controls that suck, he is in Ninja Mode. Just wait until come to strike you, than shield bash him or slash when he prepares the attack.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The first one I've already done recently with Twilight Princess and the other two I've learned from playing Red Steel 2. The last one, though, is a very nice bit of info. I wondered why some enemies would block endlessly in some videos I've seen.

Pro Tip 5: Save often. You never know when you're going to die, and when you do (yes, when), you'll be glad you saved and avoided having to re-do tedious tasks.

Pro Tip 6: Read enemies' defenses carefully. Wait patiently when fighting an enemy while learning the ropes of the game and Wii Motion Plus. Don't just hack and slash. It's not effective at all. Only flail when landing multiple hits, but never waggle, or you will die. Learn how to read an enemy's defense and decide which way to strike based on where he's defending. As the game progresses on, you'll learn to read faster and defeat enemies with ease.

Last edited:
Sometimes is Ok to just waggle the controller as fast as you can, when the enemy is stunned or flat footed. Waggling is the fastest way to slash and so kill the enemy faster. It's also good to relieve some stress. But even in this situations a recommend you to finish him in a elegant way: Spin attack and the enemy will fall on the ground, then Fatal Blow. But when you are near a ledge it's not safe to use the fatal blow, so just hack and slash.

Pro tip 7: DONT LET YOUR SHIELD BAR DEPLETE COMPLETLY, you won't be able to repair a broken shield. If you have a Level 3 Wooden and take any fire direct hit... PFF! It's gone FOREVER. You'll have to buy a brand new and upgrade it all over again.

Pro tip 8: Go to Beedle Airshop and buy wallet upgrades every time before you descend to the surface. This game gives you lots of rupees, but there are a lot of expensive itens too, like medals that cost 1000 rupees (and might exist itens even more expensive..).If you descend to the surface with your wallet not upgrade and half-full, you wont be able to gather all the rupees the game will throw at you. This game has several levels of wallet, and the upgrades are very affordable (although later on you'll need to complete some quests to get major improves that allow you to keep upgrading it...).

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
Pro Tip 9: If you want to take an enemy down faster, do a shield bash right as they attack. You'll stun them, opening them up for extra hits. You can do this repeatedly, making it so they never actually get to counter! Stalfos are taken down in a few seconds flat this way. Just be careful, if you mess up, your shield bar will go down.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pro Tip 10: Skyward Strikes may be flashy, but they can be useful too! When you're attacking an unsuspecting enemy, charge your sword and make a swift strike; one such strike usually makes an opening for a Fatal Blow!

Pro Tip 11: In previous Zelda games, people would tell you to keep your defense up at all times. However, it is critical in Skyward Sword that you block ONLY when necessary; it is entirely possible to dodge [press back/side + A] enemy attacks and leave unscathed!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Pro Top 12: Stay quick. The AI for the enemies is unbelievable, it's very realistic and therefore the enemies are smarter than ever before. Stay quick, stay on your toes, and ready that Wii Remote Plus to attack!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Pro Tip 13: Health! Seriously, sometimes some enemies can really pack a punch, taking out 2 whole hearts! Also, stock up on potions and use them when low on health, they will benefit greatly. Preferable use potions during heated boss battles or very crucial health. In Hero Mode, there are no hearts! So use potions often.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Pro Tip 13: Health! Seriously, sometimes some enemies can really pack a punch, taking out 2 whole hearts! Also, stock up on potions and use them when low on health, they will benefit greatly. Preferable use potions during heated boss battles or very crucial health. In Hero Mode, there are no hearts! So use potions often.
To contribute to this, Fi will flash when you're low on health, and when you press
77dpaddown.png
Fi will say that your health is low (she's great at stating the obvious) and tell you to replenish your hearts as soon as you get the chance. Heed that warning...

Last edited:
Pro Tip 14: Make sure to send as many Godess Cubes to the sky as you possibly can, because they hold many useful things which you don't want to miss during your adventure. Also try to remember the location of the cubes that you couldn't previously reach. And of course, take your time to look for the treasures in the sky.

The first one I've already done recently with Twilight Princess and the other two I've learned from playing Red Steel 2. The last one, though, is a very nice bit of info. I wondered why some enemies would block endlessly in some videos I've seen.

Pro Tip 5: Save often. You never know when you're going to die, and when you do (yes, when), you'll be glad you saved and avoided having to re-do tedious tasks.

Pro Tip 6: Read enemies' defenses carefully. Wait patiently when fighting an enemy while learning the ropes of the game and Wii Motion Plus. Don't just hack and slash. It's not effective at all. Only flail when landing multiple hits, but never waggle, or you will die. Learn how to read an enemy's defense and decide which way to strike based on where he's defending. As the game progresses on, you'll learn to read faster and defeat enemies with ease.

When you die, you respawn at the last save statue you used.. however, all puzzles that you already completed/enemies you killed will remain that way.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Pro Tip 15: Sometimes there are multiple enemies, usually of the same type, like Lizalfos(?) or those three-eyed things which you have to slash in one line (I'm playing the German language version so I don't know about enemy names in English).
If you run into such a situation, try to approach them slowly and from a direction where you have different distances towards them so that only one of them notices you. Lure them towards you and finish them one by one instead of going against multiple ones at once.

Pro Tip 16: When you're stuck at a puzzle and are short before getting really frustrated, lay down the Wiimote for a couple minutes and go outside/eat something etc. More than once this is how I figured out puzzles in my head instead of blindly trying different things. It worked when I was 8 and played LttP and it works now.

Pro Tip 17: Definitely make a save before boss battles when you still have all your potions/fairies! If you die, you will be respawned before the boss battle but all the potions you used/shields that shattered will be gone so you'll have a much harder time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom