• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Princess Zelda or Significant Sheikah figure?

Oni Link 303

Hylian Sage
I've already posted this on the home site page when the editorial was written...but I'd figured that it was discussion worthy here in the forums. Anyone whose tuned in for the game awards, should have a pretty good idea of where I'm going to go with this. Right, since this is mostly for observation purposes I'm going to stand clear of making any 'extensive' conjectures of what's going on. So let's dwell right into it:

1f1b1db7b671439ad3c8881dbdc4737f3dc96b08333adcac9d5e494467fc7db9.gif

Ahh yes the biggest point of intrigue out of the entire trailer. I've put a considerable amount of thought into this, and based off of any real rational conclusion, it can only truly be narrowed down to either Princess Zelda or a prodigious Sheikah individual. At best, given the ambiance, (seeing as how Link's chivalrous kneel before this person sets a pretty solid indication) the identity of this person being Zelda has fair ground, though the color scheme of the mantle and the garb altogether is rather questionable, but hardly refutable (after all Link's "Champion Shirt" has all but taken the place of the Green Tunic in this game, I imagine a similar change of design for Zelda's typical pink palette dress is not out of the question either).

As for the garb itself, the colors blue and gold in this game seems to be the trademark color for Sheikah recognition and the attire so heavily reflects this observation:

Sheikah-Slate-1.jpg

Screenshot-53-524x295.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Not only that but closer examination of the attire does seem to be rather reminiscent of Impa's garb in Skyward Sword-where in particular the color scheme is preserved:

9b20515b6291b59e4a9aee6054fb927a9dee5613b34347577391868fb5828bca.gif

5f2a28214a39df45b9eedde6280bb6875a12e2f47766df4dbef09f8e9015149d.png

At any rate, parallels can definitely be drawn, but as of now I'm going to leave at just a mere suspicion (not saying that this is Impa of course). Moreover, on an ending note, one can attest that the color scheme itself has been relatively conservative, albeit, assorted differently throughout the series altogether:

Mask_of_Truth.png

sheik_oot-128x300.jpg

96px-Fortuneteller.png

(not saying that Madame Fanadi is a Sheikah imo, rather that the Sheikah emblem uses gold out of the three colors.)

SS_Sheikah_door.jpg

upload_2016-12-6_10-19-25.jpeg
upload_2016-12-6_10-19-57.jpeg

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Honestly, I never noticed the color pattern for Shiekah things throughout the series. I thought it was just for botw. Gj

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I definitely think that is Zelda, but that doesn't mean that the Sheikah influence is to be thrown aside.

Since we're not really sure (at least I'm not really sure, since I've been trying to not see that many trailers so as to not spoil the story) what role the Sheikah will play other than a lot of the technology is theirs, it is entirely possible that Zelda, as a princess/royalty in this world, has been raised by Sheikah, or is a follower of Sheikah teachings, or at least has in some way been influenced by the Sheikah, and thus dons traditional Sheikah clothing.

I definitely don't think it's an either-or situation, where it's either Zelda or a Sheikah. It could be both. Zelda could have some connection with the Sheikah that will make more sense as we delve deeper into the story.

Also, very interesting about the whole color scheme. I had never noticed that before.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Why not both?

I'd love for a Zelda game to finally delve more into Zelda's Sheikah connections... and the royal family's connection to the Skeikah for that matter. Heck I'd kill to see Zelda as a butt kicking ninja b**ch again XD

As for Link's pose? He could be kneeling in reverence, but it also looks to me like he's weary. He could be kneeling because he's exhausted, and whoever the figure is could be a deus ex machina doing a "chill out, I got this" gesture. The scene could be taking place during a boss battle. Either that or he's disheartened or depressed.

The figure could be the same figure as the one at 0:55 of the trailer. Hair color is the same but there is no indication of a braid on the earlier figure. From what little we can see of the attire, it is a similar style but obviously not the same dress. Also the gloves are cut similarly but obviously a different material. Could this be Zelda or the same figure from earlier in a different outfit? Consider that Sheik's extra-cannon redesign has grown to incorporate a large braid and at least since Skudwart Skord ridiculously impractical braids were also worn by Impa so braids could be a common style among Sheikah. As pointed out the latter figure is wearing a cape, but the earlier figure is not.

The dress of both figures do strike me as distinctly Sheikah - especially the latter figure - due to the color scheme and style. This is closer to the sheikah clothing style established in SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom