• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Princess Twilight

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
ZT7enrL.jpg

Any of you guys as excited as I am?

If you are a brony/pegasister, what are your thoughts on the matter? Do you think the show will ever be the same? Or do you think that this will only be temporary?

I wonder what she'll be the princess of..

*If you are not a Brony/Pegasister, please refrain from all flaming/trolling, and all that yaddy-yaddy-yadda

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Ehhhhhhhh, as long as they don't mess up her hair. The only reason Twilight Sparkle was ever any good was for her fabulous hair. Congrats that Celestia -- whatever her name is -- made her a princess. Twilight comes off as an eager and hard-working student, so I suppose she deserves this. :pikalove:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I have to admit, I was quite upset when I found out. I'm okay with her becoming a princess, or an alicorn, but alicorn princess is so... I don't know! Cliché! Excessive! Unfair to the other characters who are way cooler than Twilight! My friend and I were complaining about it for forever.

But I'll live with it. I'm still not sure if it will be temporary or not... I hope it's temporary, though. If it's temporary, it's going to be a REALLY amazing episode. And if it's permanent... Oh, well! I'm actually liking it a lot more now that it's confirmed than when it was rumored. I think I've gotten more used to the idea.

A more important matter that no one's discussing because of this princess thing: DERPY IS GONE, GUYS. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THAT? :(

Head Brony of ZD
I think it will... I hope not but maybe... END THE SHOW D: I HOPE IM JUST BEING AN IDOIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would they end this show in the 3rd season when the 4th season has already been confirmed?

Not only that but this show has drawn more attention then Lauren Faust originally anticipated, for them to stop it any time soon would be idiotic, and that's being nice.

I have to admit, I was quite upset when I found out. I'm okay with her becoming a princess, or an alicorn, but alicorn princess is so... I don't know! Cliché! Excessive! Unfair to the other characters who are way cooler than Twilight! My friend and I were complaining about it for forever.

But I'll live with it. I'm still not sure if it will be temporary or not... I hope it's temporary, though. If it's temporary, it's going to be a REALLY amazing episode. And if it's permanent... Oh, well! I'm actually liking it a lot more now that it's confirmed than when it was rumored. I think I've gotten more used to the idea.

A more important matter that no one's discussing because of this princess thing: DERPY IS GONE, GUYS. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THAT? :(

Think about it.. All Alicorn's are princesses.

Celestia - Princess of Equestria
Luna - Also Princess of Equestria
Cadence - Princess of the Crystal Empire

It would only make sense for her to be a princess.
--

And as far as Derpy goes.. I think she'll be doing just fine. Ever since they announced Derpy will no longer be returning she has sprung her own line of MLP apparel and what not. lol

Derpy will live on.
--

Also, I think that whenever a Unicorn's specialty is magic that they become an Alicorn/Princess. I mean think about it, to be able to mentor Twilight you would have to be amazing at magic yourself which explains Celestia. Luna is her sister, she would have had to have picked somethings up along the way.

But I dunno.. It's only a theory after all. lol
--

Last thing,
You wouldn't happen to collect the MLP:FiM trading cards, would you? I just started..

Last edited:

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!

Thank You!Personally, Twilight is my least favorite out of the mane 6, so my opinion might be bias. I don't think Twilight should be a Alicorn/ Princess. Its very unfair to the rest of the mane 6. I mean she gets to change, then why can't her brother, Shining Armor be one?
I strongly hope this is temporary, but I have a bad feeling in my gut that it's permanent.

You wouldn't happen to collect the MLP:FiM trading cards, would you? I just started..

Yes! I have
Day Spa
The Wonderbolts
"Chaos Is A Wonderful Thing."
Into the Dragon's Lair
" My Little Spikey Wikey!"
Mare Do Well & Daring Do
Shining Armor
Fluttershy
Fluttershy's Cottage
Sweetie Belle
& Granny Smith

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Well, I feel rather excited about this. I've heard good things about the episode in particular, since it was aired at the Coronation Concert a week before the finale publicly airs, and the writers say that this is turning out to be their favorite episode (and if the writers had poor taste, this show would suck).

Head Brony of ZD
Instead of making a new thread, I figured I'd post this here.

Have fun listening to the leaked season 3 finale song. <3

[video=youtube;i5ahzurMJTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ahzurMJTQ[/video]
--

Thank You!Personally, Twilight is my least favorite out of the mane 6, so my opinion might be bias. I don't think Twilight should be a Alicorn/ Princess. Its very unfair to the rest of the mane 6. I mean she gets to change, then why can't her brother, Shining Armor be one?
I strongly hope this is temporary, but I have a bad feeling in my gut that it's permanent.

Yes! I have
Day Spa
The Wonderbolts
"Chaos Is A Wonderful Thing."
Into the Dragon's Lair
" My Little Spikey Wikey!"
Mare Do Well & Daring Do
Shining Armor
Fluttershy
Fluttershy's Cottage
Sweetie Belle
& Granny Smith

Oh my Arceus, I think I'm in love.. Lemme go see which ones I have.. Will edit once I have typed them all.
--

EDIT:

Base Set-
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Luna
  • The Cakes
  • Prince BlueBlood
  • Sea Serpent
  • Gummy
  • Parasprites Eat Ponyville
  • Pony Without a Team
  • The Flight of Rarity
  • Everfree Forest
  • Cloudsdale
  • Fluttershy's Cottage

Foil Cards-
  • Granny Smith
  • Rainbow Dash

Standees-
  • Applebloom

Tattoos- 3, 9, & 10

I hope to get the collectors binder once I finish collecting all of the cards. I'm planning on spending about $25 on a collector's tin and some booster packs this Fri. I can't wait!

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Well, tomorrow's the day! We waited 204 days from the end of Season 2 to the beginning of Season 3. It has had its ups and downs, but overall, I think for the show, this is second-best after Season 2. As far as fandom goes, we've also had our ups and downs, but I would say it has been the worst season for us yet. MLP Online taken down, all the episodes on YouTube replaced with Hasbro's (not free) versions, Derpy being slowly but surely panned out, the absolutely shameful reactions by the fans on January 29, 2013 when EW unveiled Twilicorn, the C&D of Fighting is Magic, the removal of Friendship is Witchcraft and The Mentally Advanced series, the reveal of Equestria Girls, and most definitely the TV Movie planned for the summer.

And I honestly think this all goes back to a year ago, when Derpy was voiced. Hasbro let Derpy be voiced at first, until the butthurt politically correct soccer moms and trolls decided that she was offensive (never mind Patrick Star, Ed, Peter Griffin, etc.) and got their jimmies rustled spectacularly to the point where they wrote Hasbro, demanding they redo it. After that, Hasbro seems to be trying to make sure nothing even slightly offensive gets out (case in point, Fighting is Magic, which despite the bloodlessness, comical cartoon violence, and definitely, most definitely, the absurdity of little cartoon ponies beating the hay out of each other, could be offensive to little girls and may teach them to worship Satan). i mean, really. If they just left us be, we wouldn't be so pissed at them, even with Alicorn Twilight. Hell, I feel that Twilicorn would have gotten a much warmer reception if Hasbro had been a BRO about this.

Head Brony of ZD
Well, tomorrow's the day! We waited 204 days from the end of Season 2 to the beginning of Season 3. It has had its ups and downs, but overall, I think for the show, this is second-best after Season 2. As far as fandom goes, we've also had our ups and downs, but I would say it has been the worst season for us yet. MLP Online taken down, all the episodes on YouTube replaced with Hasbro's (not free) versions, Derpy being slowly but surely panned out, the absolutely shameful reactions by the fans on January 29, 2013 when EW unveiled Twilicorn, the C&D of Fighting is Magic, the removal of Friendship is Witchcraft and The Mentally Advanced series, the reveal of Equestria Girls, and most definitely the TV Movie planned for the summer.

And I honestly think this all goes back to a year ago, when Derpy was voiced. Hasbro let Derpy be voiced at first, until the butthurt politically correct soccer moms and trolls decided that she was offensive (never mind Patrick Star, Ed, Peter Griffin, etc.) and got their jimmies rustled spectacularly to the point where they wrote Hasbro, demanding they redo it. After that, Hasbro seems to be trying to make sure nothing even slightly offensive gets out (case in point, Fighting is Magic, which despite the bloodlessness, comical cartoon violence, and definitely, most definitely, the absurdity of little cartoon ponies beating the hay out of each other, could be offensive to little girls and may teach them to worship Satan). i mean, really. If they just left us be, we wouldn't be so pissed at them, even with Alicorn Twilight. Hell, I feel that Twilicorn would have gotten a much warmer reception if Hasbro had been a BRO about this.

I don't see how these are problems.

MLP Online got shut down like MLP: Fighting is Magic and all the others for the same reason. They were infringing on a copyright, Hasbro isn't to blame. Legally, they have to take action or lose what is theirs. All the ppl who went into developing these games knew the possibilities when they started development. It doesn't matter if the game is non-profit or not it's taking attention away from Hasbro using there creation. (I personally don't see why Mane 6 doesn't just get a site host outside of the U.S. Hasbro wouldn't be able to do anything if they did.)

All the episodes on youtube are taking away from the ratings, without ratings the show will die. I'm glad they did this.

Derpy was taken out because MLP:FiM is rated TV-Y (for ages 2+) and of course ppl get butthurt, especially when it's there kids watching a show that's supposed to be teaching tolerance, friendship, etc. You don't think ppl protest Family Guy? Well they do, but that show is rated TV14 (for kids of ages 14+) and wasn't made to teach understanding, etc. It was made to make ppl laugh through repetitive usage of the same jokes and same controversial reverences time and time again. To be honest FG used to make me laugh, but now it's just silly to me. But I digress..

Also, ever since Derpy's removal she has grown bigger than ever before. Scoring her own merchandise. Things like: T-Shirts, Lunch Boxes, accessories, etc. Derpy is gone, and is not gone all at the same time.
--

As far as the second paragraph is concerned, you're probably write. It was probably because some moms did get upset over the fact that a show rated TV-Y for kids 2+ had something like that in it when the shows supposed to be about helping ppl understand the ins and outs of friendship and how to treat ppl. Even though we didn't see it that way, kids may misunderstand something and take it completely different way. I'm not saying it was right to remove Derpy, I'm not saying it was wrong. I'm just saying it was the appropriate move to keep the show moving forward.

Also, if you think ppl don't hate Family Guy then you're wrong. Loads of ppl find the show obnoxious, hurtful, yaddy-yaddy-yadda. But it's rated TV-14, for kids 14 yrs+. That shows whole gimmick is recycling material over and over again and controversial humor, which is why it got canceled for 2 years, but sense they didn't really do anything they weren't supposed to they returned in 2004.

But ya, ever since Derpy's removal she has grown bigger than ever before by scoring her own merchandise. Things like: T-Shirts, Lunch Boxes, accessories, etc. Derpy may not be in the show, but she's definitely still apart of MLP:FiM.
--

P.S. - I'm glad to see how rationally the "head honcho" around here thinks tho.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Whoa. I didn't knew about this until now. I guess I' quite excited for this. She's smart and hilarious. She's not my favorite mane, but I like her. I still can't believe this is really happening. Wow..

Head Brony of ZD
Twilight Sparkle is Now a Princess!

I'm so excited! That episode was amazing, and I'm so glad she's permanently an alicorn!

The songs were perfect as well. All the voice actors for the mane 6 have amazing voices, and so does Princess Celestia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom