• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Princess Agitha Playable!

It's not that the roster is small. It's just that Agitha's not that interesting as a character. Her appearance here is just so random. I know Agitha's a popular character in Japan, but we're talking about a country that adores weird or hated characters like Tingle & Slippy Toad. I see her just like those characters & it gives me a good reason to hate her (along with her being an unmemorable character).

OUCH! Doesn't that seem a bit harsh and ethnocentric? I mean, it kind of IS their game, and they're allowed to appeal to their Japan fanbase, too. We aren't the only country on Earth. Heck, I could go so far as to say we're lucky to even see this game come stateside. While it's becoming increasingly popular, there used to be a time when games like this would never leave Japan, leaving U.S. fans screaming "Unfair! Japan gets all the cool stuff!" Hating little ol' Agitha for such an ethnocentric reason is kind of extreme, don't you think?

Maikeru

Piper of Time
OUCH! Doesn't that seem a bit harsh and ethnocentric? I mean, it kind of IS their game, and they're allowed to appeal to their Japan fanbase, too. We aren't the only country on Earth. Heck, I could go so far as to say we're lucky to even see this game come stateside. While it's becoming increasingly popular, there used to be a time when games like this would never leave Japan, leaving U.S. fans screaming "Unfair! Japan gets all the cool stuff!" Hating little ol' Agitha for such an ethnocentric reason is kind of extreme, don't you think?

I have to agree. I mean, I understand that many people aren't going to be interested in her. But I also don't see where it hurts to have her in the game. It gives us one more character to play, and a pretty cool one I think. Now, if it turned out that she was the sole reason someone like Skull Kid or Ganondorf got left out, I would understand. As it is though, I think it's just neat to have the chance to play as her.

Not really. Why are you so bent out of shape over it? I know we're not the only country on the planet, but I really question Japan's tastes in characters & games. Agitha's just another target for me to snark at because I really hate characters that annoy the **** out of me. I respect Japan, but sometimes I feel concerned for their tastes, but I can say the same thing for other countries like the U.S..

Not really. Why are you so bent out of shape over it? I know we're not the only country on the planet, but I really question Japan's tastes in characters & games. Agitha's just another target for me to snark at because I really hate characters that annoy the **** out of me. I respect Japan, but sometimes I feel concerned for their tastes, but I can say the same thing for other countries like the U.S..

Not bent out of shape. Heck, I really couldn't care less if you dislike Agitha. It's just, the way that you're wording your opinions of Japan sounds really, really ethnocentrically insensitive. And if you can say the same thing for any other country, then why even bring up Japan at all? It's kind of uncalled for. It's like you're saying, "I dislike you because you're different." But if that isn't what you meant by what you said, then okeedokey.

By the way, some screens of Agitha have been released if anyone's interested.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
If Agitha is here, then we WILL see Vaati playable! Huzzah!

But whats with all the girls?

The overwhelming majority of interesting supporting characters in the Zelda series are female, so it makes sense. Aonuma said the roster was about half female. Most of the other half likely consists of all the Zelda villains, most of which are male.

When are we gonna see gameplay footage for her? She's easily the character I'm the most excited for.

I would like to see some gameplay of Agitha as well. I wish they updated the Japanese Hyrule Warriors site during the weekends, but they will probably release it after Midna's and Lana's gameplay trailers. However, they could just skip over them and do Agitha Monday.

Since this hasn't been posted in the thread, here's an extra tidbit about Agitha ~

GoNintendo and such said:
While searching for the Gate of Souls, Lana takes a detour to rescue Agitha from a horde of monsters, ultimately recruiting her to the greater cause.

While this could be seen in the image with Lana and Agitha, I guess it's nice to get some confirmation about why she's involved in the fight against Cia. Because I haven't said my opinion on her, I'm really excited to play as Agitha in Hyrule Warriors and cannot wait to see her use her parasol in the gameplay trailer since we haven't seen her use it yet. Maybe she'll say "I know you have bugs..." in the game.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
When are we gonna see gameplay footage for her? She's easily the character I'm the most excited for.

As it is with me. The only character they could give me that I might be more excited for is Skull Kid. Even then, it'd be really close.

I would like to see some gameplay of Agitha as well. I wish they updated the Japanese Hyrule Warriors site during the weekends, but they will probably release it after Midna's and Lana's gameplay trailers. However, they could just skip over them and do Agitha Monday.

Since this hasn't been posted in the thread, here's an extra tidbit about Agitha ~

While this could be seen in the image with Lana and Agitha, I guess it's nice to get some confirmation about why she's involved in the fight against Cia. Because I haven't said my opinion on her, I'm really excited to play as Agitha in Hyrule Warriors and cannot wait to see her use her parasol in the gameplay trailer since we haven't seen her use it yet. Maybe she'll say "I know you have bugs..." in the game.

As for moveset videos, I'm not sure. When Pirate Warriors 2 was being made, it was like 4 characters every two weeks for moveset videos.
However, they were pretty big about giving two or three articles/videos with info or teases every week.

[video=youtube;PP19h3YyZ0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP19h3YyZ0U[/video]

They just released the trailer for Agitha. Yay! The only complaint I have is I wished she used more of the Golden Bugs besides the male Beetle and Butterflies unless they weren't shown in the trailer. However, I do like how she can "grow" butterfly wings and attack them.

EDIT: I just noticed she uses a giant Dragonfly along with the giant male Beetle, so yeah. I love her moveset so far and makes me want to play as her even more when Hyrule Warriors comes out.

Last edited:

Maikeru

Piper of Time
[video=youtube;PP19h3YyZ0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP19h3YyZ0U[/video]

They just released the trailer for Agitha. Yay! The only complaint I have is I wished she used more of the Golden Bugs besides the Stag Beetle and Butterflies unless they weren't shown in the trailer. However, I do like how she can "grow" butterfly wings and attack them.

I'd say it's probable that they didn't show everything of her. That said, she looks awesome and I love her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom