• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Princess Agitha Playable!

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Oh my gosh, that's great! Agitha is adorably unsettling, and is my number one favorite character from Twilight Princess! I'm even more excited now!

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
If Agitha is here, then we WILL see Vaati playable! Huzzah!

But whats with all the girls?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
...This is just making me more and more curious about the plot for this game. I mean, it was hard enough imagining how Midna's gonna fit in here, but AGITHA?! ...I can't wait.

Uhm, Midna will fit perfectly, because in the trailer they showed the Palace of Twilight as a playable stage. With that in mind, Midna will almost have to be involved, along with Zant (more than likely). Agitha fits in as well, but not in a way I could fully explain. I've noticed that a few characters that are being released are from Twilight Princess. I'm not sure why Agitha would be involved (she could be a healer, or maybe she could release her bugs out in swarms and use long ranged attacks). Fear not, my young friend, as there will be a plethora of other characters to play as. :)

Heroine of Winds said:
I'm honestly disappointed about her appearance here, but at least Lana looks cool.
Why are you disappointed? Sure her appearance in the game is somewhat odd, but this is a spin-off. I think the reason why you're disappointed is because the Roster is considerably small right now, but with patience you'll see you won't have to be confined to characters such as Agitha. :)

Interestingly enough, Agitha is actually QUITE popular in Japan; pixiv.net serves as a testament to this, or so I can recall seeing a while back.

Uhm, Midna will fit perfectly, because in the trailer they showed the Palace of Twilight as a playable stage. With that in mind, Midna will almost have to be involved, along with Zant (more than likely). Agitha fits in as well, but not in a way I could fully explain. I've noticed that a few characters that are being released are from Twilight Princess. I'm not sure why Agitha would be involved (she could be a healer, or maybe she could release her bugs out in swarms and use long ranged attacks). Fear not, my young friend, as there will be a plethora of other characters to play as. :)

Why are you disappointed? Sure her appearance in the game is somewhat odd, but this is a spin-off. I think the reason why you're disappointed is because the Roster is considerably small right now, but with patience you'll see you won't have to be confined to characters such as Agitha. :)

Something compels me to believe that this game's world is based on Twilight Princess in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the playable characters are either from said game or adapted to better fit said game (like Impa). If such is the indeed the case, then I'm really looking forward to seeing Tetra make it into the fray with a TP-based design. And you're totally right about the roster size; Dynasty Warriors is known for its large roster of playable characters, especially the crossovers.

As for Agitha's fighting style, it isn't too difficult for me to imagine a host of melee attacks involving bugs, simply because I'm familiar with Dynasty Warriors and other games like it. I can imagine Agitha being all over the place with swarms of insects and some degree of aerial capabilities involving those wings on her back.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I got to some thinking. In Twilight Princess, we never saw any of Agithas abilities. Hell, who even knew she HAD abilities? I'm sure that her fighting style will be insect oriented, but will she have a special magic that allows her to command the bugs, or is she just so in sync with them that they obey her every order? Does she have abilities aside from insect minipulation? What made them choose Agitha in the first place? So many questions...

I got to some thinking. In Twilight Princess, we never saw any of Agithas abilities. Hell, who even knew she HAD abilities? I'm sure that her fighting style will be insect oriented, but will she have a special magic that allows her to command the bugs, or is she just so in sync with them that they obey her every order? Does she have abilities aside from insect minipulation? What made them choose Agitha in the first place? So many questions...

Welcome to the world of fanservice.

Maikeru

Piper of Time

Her lack of combat experience works to her advantage. It gives them more room to be creative with her moveset.

It's not that the roster is small. It's just that Agitha's not that interesting as a character. Her appearance here is just so random. I know Agitha's a popular character in Japan, but we're talking about a country that adores weird or hated characters like Tingle & Slippy Toad. I see her just like those characters & it gives me a good reason to hate her (along with her being an unmemorable character).

Welcome to the world of fanservice.

And this scares me even more that Cia's cleavage.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's not that the roster is small. It's just that Agitha's not that interesting as a character. Her appearance here is just so random. I know Agitha's a popular character in Japan, but we're talking about a country that adores weird or hated characters like Tingle & Slippy Toad. I see her just like those characters & it gives me a good reason to hate her (along with her being an unmemorable character).

I think hating her is a little much. I understand your concern over her popularity in another country, and how it likely won't be well received overseas, but you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I'm sure Agitha won't be the only character whose had a relatively insignificant role in previous installments. Who knows, maybe this'll be what makes her memorable?

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I used google translate on this website (it hardly makes sense translated, but you get the general idea), and it said that she would be using her umbrella, and you can "call the insect". These are both things that people have been saying already, but I'd like to point out that I'm not sure that Agitha is fanservice. I haven't heard any cries of "WE NEED MORE INSECTS" from the fans. If someone could elaborate on that, that'd be great.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I used google translate on this website (it hardly makes sense translated, but you get the general idea), and it said that she would be using her umbrella, and you can "call the insect". These are both things that people have been saying already, but I'd like to point out that I'm not sure that Agitha is fanservice. I haven't heard any cries of "WE NEED MORE INSECTS" from the fans. If someone could elaborate on that, that'd be great.

It wasn't a very loud yell, but there have been a couple people here and there wanting to see Agitha. I mean, as I've said, she has the kind of theme to her that just makes it where there's so much they could do with her. Anyways, Agitha is a favorite to a small minority, myself being one of them. I actually included her on my top 10 characters I wanted video on YouTube. So, there was some demand, but it wasn't exactly a big demand. Unlike when Perona was put into Pirate Warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom