• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Prince of Perisa: The Lost Crown Releases January 18, 2024

The only part I’ve played of the trilogy was the last one but I recall enjoying it way back. I also remember being one of few who liked the 2008? reboot, despite its shortcomings. Sadly never got around to the DLC. Kinda dropped it after that.

Not sure I’m a fan of the character design here, nor do I care for what story is implied, but at least as far as the gameplay goes it looks to be taking some good inspiration from stuff like Metroid Dread. We’ll see.

I feel like Ubisoft gets a lot of flak these days. For many reasons I can understand why. However, I do feel that whenever they do manage to make something good, it’s at least enjoyable even if it does tend to feel a little “soulless”. I kinda dropped Far Cry 6 early in but still enjoyed the short sequel to 5 which I feel had artistic merit. That BotW knockoff might not have been as good but still a nice lengthy adventure with neat ideas. I’d be willing to give this a chance.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I'm so hyped for this! It's such a surprise! I've been wanting a new Prince of Persia game for the last 6 years. The gameplay looks really interesting, and the art direction looks cool!
There's no denying that the artstyle was good but I doubt it'd be a good "Prince of Persia game". Plus a 3D game would've been great. After waiting such a long time it's underwhelming.

Don't want to be a negative Nancy, I hope I'm wrong and that everyone gets to enjoy this game. Trailer didn't do it for me though. I'm extremely picky with 2.5D games because most end up looking cheap (so far this being one of them) and the music choice reeaaaally rubs me the wrong way.

Trailers aren't everything though, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for sharing the info!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
There's no denying that the artstyle was good but I doubt it'd be a good "Prince of Persia game". Plus a 3D game would've been great. After waiting such a long time it's underwhelming.
I mean at its core Prince of Persia is just a plaformer, a metroidvania seems like it would be a fitting style for the series. Technically the original Prince of Persia was basically a metroidvania.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Huh

The longer I watched the trailer the more interesting it started to look
It's hard to make a bad metroidvania but it's just as hard to make a good one, this kinda looks like it could end up being one of those ones that have the magic

I wasn't expecting prince of Persia to look like this at all tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom