• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art PREVIEW: BEN DROWNED - The Sequel

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
I used to think all things paranormal were just stories. Things made by parents to scare little kids during Halloween. Something make-believe. But now I believe that spirits do live on, even after death.*

I recently earned enough money to by my own copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the internet for my dad's old Nintendo 64*system. I played the 3DS version already but I wanted the original version for nostalgia.

When it arrived, I noticed that the cartridge seemed a bit sketchy looking, but I was sure it would run fine. I plugged up the console and put the game into the slot.

I put in a capture card so I can put my video on YouTube for a playthough. Seemed like a good idea for ratings. My gamer skills would easily show with the videos (if they could've made it).

When the title screen came up, I looked at the rather simplistic 3D rendering of Link riding Epona, but it gave it more nostalgia.
I continued to the save selection screen and saw a previous game on it.*

The name was the traditional "Link" and it had all Spiritual Stones, all medallions, and 19 hearts with one heart piece missing. It was a shame for whoever last owned this quit so suddenly. I made a second profile and named it "Link" out of habit and started up the game.

I watched the opening cutscenes and I started my quest. Once I finished the first dungeon, I got the fairy ocarina and went out to Hyrule. I hurried on to meet Zelda and continue my quest. And in her courtyard is where the nightmares began.

For all of you Zelda easter egg lovers, in the courtyard where Zelda is, in one of the windows are paintings of Mario characters and the other window has a soldier that'll (rudely) throw a bomb at you. I went over to the painting window and I was shocked.

Instead of Mario characters in the paintings, I saw on one, the Fierce Diety Mask icon, the face of the Elegy of Emptiness statue, and Majora's Mask on the other.*

The Elegy statue was in the center, almost staring down on me. I was a bit unnerved and I turned away and went to the bomb window. When I shot my slingshot at it, I saw, not a soldier, but the Elegy of Emptiness statue appear.

I jumped a bit in suprise. I thought to myself that whoever did this was a pro hacker and put some of Majora's Mask data into this, but that seems unlikely.*

It wasn't the statue that freaked me out the most. It was the following text box. It's words still give me the chills today. "You shouldn't have done that. Hee. Hee."

Suddenly, Link bursted into flames and died. I jumped in my seat, shocked at what happened. I felt my skin get goosebumps. This was not right. Suddenly, I realized what I brought onto myself.

Recently I read the crazypasta on Ben and I thought it was an entertaining read, but I didn't believe in it. I downloaded the YouTube videos of the Ben story on my computer and at the same time, I had my capture card in my computer, transferring a recent playthough for a different game for my YouTube. It seems that I was too stupid to believe in the story.. Damn.

The screen blacked out and returned to the title screen. Remembering the creepypasta, I skipped to the save selection screen. Not suprisingly, the saves were changed. The original save file was gone and was replaced with "YourNext". I automatically moved to it and selected it, frightened and scared all at once.

When the screen faded back, I found myself as Kid Link in the center of the Gerudo Fortress. I was immeadately spotted by the Gerudo guards and The screen went white.

When it returned, I wasn't in the normal cell you usually go to when you're captured (as Adult Link), but in the cells that the carpenters were held in. This was very odd. I walked towards the door of the cells but it wouldn't open. The music was gone. I paused the game and quickly went on the internet to see if there was a way to glitch through the wall, but I couldn't find one.*

When I unpaused the game, I thought my heart stopped. I was in first-person view and right in front of me on the other side of the bars was the Elegy of Emptiness statue. Its empty eyes stared at me, as I stared back at it, my heart beating fast.

I never been scared from a game like this, even from a horror game. Thid was a new sense of terror and fear I never knew before. Suddenly, a text box appeared. "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

The game got too freaky for me to handle any longer. I pressed the power button, but to my horror, it wouldn't turn off! Another text box appeared. "That won't do you any good. Hee. Hee."*

In my fear, I took out the cartridge and unplugged the console. My heart was beating so fast, I thought I would just die. I should've believed in that creepypasta and never downloaded those videos.

:triforce:​

Thats the end of the preview, everyone! I'll finish up the story eventually! =)

HBC

HyrulianBlackcat
Wow, that was great~ I loved the original BEN story, and you keep in line with it fairly well while still making it different and unique. Can't wait until you post the whole thing. :)

btw, what are all the *s for?

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Wow, that was great~ I loved the original BEN story, and you keep in line with it fairly well while still making it different and unique. Can't wait until you post the whole thing. :)

btw, what are all the *s for?

Sorry to disappoint, but I scrapped the BEN DROWNED sequel. :( But if you want, i have a new creepypasta which I just finished. It's the Super MARIO World creepypasta. Here's the Link.

And all the *s were i think because it was seperating the periods and next letter. I noticed that just now :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom