• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Prequel to Majora's Mask!?!

I've heard some people saying that they think Zelda Wii will be a prequel to Majora's Mask. WTF!?! There already is a prequel it's called Ocarina of Time!!!!

I've heard some people saying that they think Zelda Wii will be a prequel to Majora's Mask. WTF!?! There already is a prequel it's called Ocarina of Time!!!!
Just because Ocarina of Time is the prequel doesn't mean that there's not a possibility of another prequel (did I word that right?). One such prequel could be one that explains the origins of Majora's Mask, which would actually sound pretty interesting. There really is no detail behind Majora's Mask except for quotes from the Happy Mask Salesman and other sources throughout Termina, if there are any, I can't recall.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Yes, there already is one, but the people are talking about a prequel that explains the backstory of MM (right after OoT ended is where they place it). But, I highly doubt that it's really true. There's really nothing much to explain, Link searched for Navi and other stuff that wouldn't exactly make a good game. The time between the games is too short and there really is nothing of importance that hasn't been said or figured out. Long story short, the chances of ZW being an MM prequel is about the same chance of gorons learning to swim and fly.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm fairly certain that when people say that they want a prequel to Majora's Mask, they mean a game fairly long before Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time that could explain the back story of Majora's Mask, Termina and the Dark Tribe. Maybe even the Happy Mask Salesman.

And really, Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina of Time. For a game to qualify as a prequel it would have to come out before the original game. But anyway...

I would personally prefer a game set in the post-apocalyptic ruins of Adult Time Line Termina. Because as far as we know no one saved it from the Moon on the Adult Time Line. This would interest me more then a prequel, but both are way to much to expect from a company like Nintendo. It's like going into a Michael Bay film expecting to enjoy more then just the popcorn. Not going to happen.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
The rumor is that it's a sequel. I think you got your rumors mixed up there, dear. :)

Keep in mind, it's just a rumor that was started on 2Chan. Apparantly, though, the user who posted this information recently confessed that it was all made up. Really, though, I'm not sure. Everything so far is a rumor, and that could just be a rumor about a rumor, lol.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I guess a prequel wouldn't be impossible. It doesn't have to take place RIGHT BEFORE MM. It could be a game that takes place a long time before MM in Termina that explains the origins of Majora. It would be nice to have another Termina based game. However, I highly doubt it's a prequel to MM. My guess, based on the style of the game, is that it's either a sequel to TP or is in some way connected to the events of TP.

To be honest, I'm highly doubting this claim entirely, they'd have to do as Zemen said and base it right before the events of MM, however, that wouldn't make sense as there is not enough time to do so. From the starting clip to Majora's Mask we can see that Link didn't even know about Termina before arriving there, and from that point in the game, he practically arrives at the point in which he starts his quest to retrieve the Marjora's Mask for the Happy Mask Salesmen, there is barely any time in which Link could go off and have an adventure, no matter how quick or small Nintendo tried to make it.

As far as I remember Link ends up in Termina and chases the Skull Kid because he stole his Ocarina of Time (not sure if he stole anything else) and shortly after Link ends up in his Deku like form, from then on in the game you spend the time chasing Skull Kid with one of his faries (can't remember which, it's either Tatl or Tael anyway :xd:) and ends up having the discussion I've spoken about earlier, the time in which he talks to the Happy Mask Salesmen who asks him to help him retrieve the mask before 3 days passes (although I'd like to know why he happens to be leaving the exact day that the Moon hits Termina...hmm).

However, there is a section between the end of OoT when Zelda sends Link back in time and the point at which Link ends up in Termina which has yet to be fully accounted for, yes, we are told that he was searching for Navi but we haven't been told how long for in comparison to his little adventure in OoT (well, gargantuan adventure to be honest :xd:)....so I guess there could be a rather quick and shady plot stuck together in this little time space. I highly doubt this though as I believe in the theory that Link finds that Master Sword in Zelda Wii and if the game were to be placed before MM and after OoT that just wouldn't make sense, considering Link had already known the location of the Master Sword and actually aquired it before being sent back in time.

not to be rude or anything but all your threads appear to be you making things up about the game so the thread gets popular, unless there is a source, they are either just messing around or you are making things up (no offence). i am 100% sure this will not be a direct people and would gladly shake hands on a £10000 bet that it isnt

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think it would be interesting to put a game on the AT that could fit between OoT and WW. The only problem is that the legend from WW (as I remember it) calls the last hero the hero of time. Otherwise it could work in my opinion.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Well yeah, but always put a little more effort into you're threads then just "Some guy said this, HE'S CRAZEE".

Not flaming, but in all honesty, the first post in a thread needs a little more love and attention than just that.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Honestly I don't think we will ever get a prequel to MM, before that happens Miyamoto will have passed away and Zelda will have shanged so much by then that it will be pointless to go back and elaborate on stories like MM, just read the manga it has a back story to MM. Other than that I think we are all out of luck. But on the positive side I think we will see some very original Zelda titles in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom