• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Preording Issues You've Had

I was happy when I pre-ordered Kid Icarus Uprising. Until I found out today that it wont be here until next wedsday ( I don't care if I can't spell that right.) Do not use Amazon anymore if you have. It is a bunch of jerks that only ship the game you want on the day it comes out. :mad: Has anyone used Amazon and had to wait more?

Oh, I placed a preorder on Skyward Sword in September last year. On November 22, I was a bit upset that Amazon hadn't shipped my bundle yet, since it was after release, so my mom went to check the status of the order. Said that it wouldn't get shipped until January 10th. Oh, I was pretty upset.

Target saved me, because they got a second shipment of the bundle pack [even two days after the North American release, the bundle would be sold out, like, everywhere]. My mom cancelled the preorder, and I learned my lesson to not trust preordering so much. This was my first preorder, too, so my experience with it was horrible. ;/

Well, I'd never do it online in the first place. It's not like Gamefly where they ship the game a day before it's release so you'll get it the day it comes out, more about them shipping it when they want.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I was happy when I pre-ordered Kid Icarus Uprising. Until I found out today that it wont be here until next wedsday ( I don't care if I can't spell that right.) Do not use Amazon anymore if you have. It is a bunch of jerks that only ship the game you want on the day it comes out. :mad: Has anyone used Amazon and had to wait more?
It's Friday. Times like that are common on Fridays for most retailers. It's not the retailer's responsibly, it's the shipper. If it's too slow, you blame the shipping company. Shipping speed is exactly what you pay for on Amazon. If you think it was too slow, you should have bought faster shipping. One-day shipping is as fast as anyone can go. And Amazon does do release day shipping on most video games if the release day is not a Sunday.

Oh, I placed a preorder on Skyward Sword in September last year. On November 22, I was a bit upset that Amazon hadn't shipped my bundle yet, since it was after release, so my mom went to check the status of the order. Said that it wouldn't get shipped until January 10th. Oh, I was pretty upset.

Target saved me, because they got a second shipment of the bundle pack [even two days after the North American release, the bundle would be sold out, like, everywhere]. My mom cancelled the preorder, and I learned my lesson to not trust preordering so much. This was my first preorder, too, so my experience with it was horrible. ;/
That wasn't just you, happened to a lot of people. And it wasn't just Amazon. A lot of retailers online and off had a similar problem. That wasn't Amazon's fault, it was Nintendo's. Nintendo failed to give the retailers as many bundles as they had promised. It was chaos. Amazon had nothing to do with it. Amazon made sure that absolutely everyone that pre-ordered did end up getting a copy. I got my copy way, way before the estimated time they gave. They pulled some serious stings to honor the preorders. Places like Gamestop would never do that. They'd just leave you out to dry.

Well, I'd never do it online in the first place. It's not like Gamefly where they ship the game a day before it's release so you'll get it the day it comes out, more about them shipping it when they want.

Like I said above, Amazon does do release day shipping. They ship it the day before so it gets there on release day. A lot of people miss it because the option is only available if the game is the only thing in your cart when you go to check out. I do it all the time. It's very simple.

It's always a wise decision to read, which shipping speed you choose before ordering. I'm guessing you chose either regular or free super-saver shipping. If you really want to order a title on Amazon next time and receive it on release date, choose expedited (or whatever it's called) shipping to get it then. You'll pay a few extra (insert currency name here) for shipping but if you think about it, some money is lost in driving to a brick and mortar store as well.

Purple_Rupee

They call me Ammi
I never ship my games offline or pre-order from stores for that matter. Because just like you it aggravates me to get something that's supposed to be to me by the next day, 2 months later. So I just use a torrent client and download my games and run them through my external hard drive. Much more efficient I get the game within a span of 2 days or less and I can still go back and support the creators by buying a hard copy as well just in case something should happen to my hard drive or if something were to happen to m Wii I could easily run the games off of my hard drive through my PC.

I do not condone pirating, but backing up ones personal property is nothing more than a security measure. And at times for fun. An example would be the newest game for wii coming out in April sometime is Xeno Blade. Pre-Ordering would be chaos because so many people will want the game so odds are unless I called immediatly at the perfect time I would end up waiting months before getting my copy (just not worth the wait in my opinion). I will of course by a hard copy to support the creators, but I have downloaded a copy (PAL because NTSC-U hasn't been released in any clients yet) and I beat it quite some time ago. Amazing game really especially if your into final fantasy type games.

Last edited:
Now I am REALLY ticked off! My mom checked the email again to see if I did have to wait until wedsday and it really said THURSDAY. Well its my moms fault she didn't ask me which type of shipping I wanted.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I haven't had any trouble with Amazon. I pre-ordered my 3DS and both the bundled and regular versions of Skyward Sword. All three items came the Monday after the release date. I've been using Amazon for years and I have never had any issues. The only place I've had trouble with is GameStop, on multiple occasions I've pre-ordered and they didn't have the pre-order bonus. It's not that they ran out, it's because the owner/manager; whether he doesn't get the bonuses or he sells them on ebay is unknown. The employees say that they hardly ever see the pre-order bonuses.

I never preordered anything off of Amazon before, but I did have a bad experience with Gamestop. I preordered Pokemon Soul Silver, and I was supposed to get the little Lugia figurine.

This one:
hgss-lugia-figure.jpg

I went in on the morning it came out, and asked them about my figurine. They said that only certain people were supposed to get it, depending on when you preordered it. ಠ_ಠ

Well, what site should we trust for our stuff then. Because GameStop is cheap and doesn't come with everything. Amazon will scam you into giving more money if you want it shipped quickly.

Well, what site should we trust for our stuff then. Because GameStop is cheap and doesn't come with everything. Amazon will scam you into giving more money if you want it shipped quickly.

It's the same with every online shipping site, bud, not just Amazon. Either you get free shipping and a longer wait or you pay for standard or expedited shipping. Also, if you think about it that extra cash is spent in the form of gasoline when driving to brick and mortar stores.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I never preordered anything off of Amazon before, but I did have a bad experience with Gamestop. I preordered Pokemon Soul Silver, and I was supposed to get the little Lugia figurine.

This one:
hgss-lugia-figure.jpg

I went in on the morning it came out, and asked them about my figurine. They said that only certain people were supposed to get it, depending on when you preordered it. ಠ_ಠ

This is because Gamestop oversells preorders. Every retailer has an allotment of so many preorder copies. Gamestop is one place that sells as many preorders as they want regardless of how many preorder copies they actually have. Other places, like Walmart or Amazon, will stop selling the preorder copies once they've hit their allotment. Gamestop just keeps going. And never gets the preorder bonuses to whoever gets just a regular copy.

Kazumi

chagy
This is because Gamestop oversells preorders. Every retailer has an allotment of so many preorder copies. Gamestop is one place that sells as many preorders as they want regardless of how many preorder copies they actually have. Other places, like Walmart or Amazon, will stop selling the preorder copies once they've hit their allotment. Gamestop just keeps going. And never gets the preorder bonuses to whoever gets just a regular copy.

That's somewhat funny. At the GameStop closest to my house, which is in a decently sized mall, I essentially always get the pre-order bonus even if I purchase the game a couple of months after it has come out. It seems like they always have way more pre-order bonuses than they make pre-orders. I suppose that's just because the location isn't very popular, but I found that kind of funny.

Anyway, no I've never had a bad experience pre-ordering. I haven't pre-ordered a game from Amazon before, but I have purchased games and their shipping has always been prompt within the shipping options that I purchased. I can't say I've ever had a bad experience with buying something from Amazon, even when buying from Amazon.com (I live in Canada). In addition to this, I pre-order games at my local GameStop fairly often. I always pre-order both versions of whatever the new Pokemon game is, and other games throughout the year. I've also pre-ordered a few games on Steam, so I guess that counts. In conclusion, no I've never had a problem with pre-ordering games.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I was placing an online pre-order of skyward sword, and it kept telling me there is an option for instore pickup, but at the checkout, and when I was looking at it, the website wouldn't let me, so I had to go the next day to the gamestop store and get the pre-order in person. I think that this was in september sometime.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nope, I have not had any pre-order issues before and hopefully I won't. I've only ordered like 2 before and they were both online, and came in the same day in the mail that they came out in stores, so I was happy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom