• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Preorder from Gamestop

What are your guys' thoughts about preordering from gamestop? I'm kind of skeptical about what they might do to it, or take out of it. They have a reputation of taking manuals out of some games and stuff, so I don't know if I'm just worrying too much. I hate them as a company but I do want my Wii U asap. What do you guys think?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I ordered one a week ago, but they haven't taken my money yet...dunno if that's normal.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
GameStop have done some bad things but, like any big company, they're not going to scam you, they're perfectly safe to buy from if the deal's good. There's been instances like with Deus Ex: HR when they opened up boxes and took vouchers out, but it's not like that's an every-day occurrence. I don't cut off my nose to spite my face with loyalty to 1 big faceless organisation over another, if you want what GameStop's got, buy it! :D Just shop around, might find a better deal somewhere else.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I recommend you skip pre-ordering unless it's the TWWHD LE, but even then you may find better deals via Amazon.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
lol what's a "GameStop?" o_O

I have no intention of pre-ordering anything from EB Games (That's basically the Canadian subsidiary of GameStop) because they often do things, such as what was mentioned in the OP. However, based on my own personal experience with the company, they are in fact trustworthy. I have never been disappointed by the service or quality presented by the store (remember, though, that this is EB Games, not GameStop; same company, different store), but I know that other people have. So I am mostly skeptical about pre-ordering anything from them, merely due to their reputation.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I trust my local Gamestop and they know me really well. I am also in there all of the time, because I work right across the street from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom