• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Preferred Coding Language?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Java.

In the words of... somebody.

"There are two types of coding languages: The ones that people always complain about and the ones that nobody uses.

Clank

Hmm
Currently I only know Python, but I have been trying to learn C++ as it is much faster, even though Python is easier to use.

Edit:I forgot HTML...

Last edited:

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I've only ever used VB, Turing and I tried learning Ruby but got bored and decided to continue another day, never di though. VB is too limited with what can be done but it's not bad. Turing is annoying, I really don't like it, though it may just be that the teacher isn't good enough at teaching it, and then Ruby was really easy at first but it started to introduce useless things I saw no point for I attempted to skip them but it screwed me, so I mean it's not bad but I got stuck in learning it, aka bored.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I once knew C++ and VB but forgot D:

Too bad I haven't anything near programming besides BOLDING WORDS ON FORUMS WITH BBCODE since 2006-2007. But then again HTML and BBCode aren't programming languages.
I digress; to answer the question, my preferred coding language years ago was VB.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well I'm certified in JAVA, learned a bit of C# in school, however my preferred coding language? PHP. I think that has something to do with me preferring web programming to application programming (tho I had fun making apps back in my school days). With Java you need to operate with servers and servlets and package your entire project in order to be able to run it online, however with php, you just need to write what you need and upload it to a server that supports PHP, much, much easier and a lot less cluttered.

Btw, Clank, HTML is not a coding language, it's a markup language.

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
C# all dayz!

Do you know why Java programmers need glasses? Because they can't C sharp! Ba dum tss!

Though I also know java, javascript and a little bit of C/C++

C++ is way better. Not to mention, it creates highly efficient programs which execute very quickly.

Currently I only know Python, but I have been trying to learn C++ as it is much faster, even though Python is easier to use.

Edit:I forgot HTML...

Where do you get the idea that one the language is faster than another? I was under the impression that the speed is proportional to the implementation (i.e. is the code written efficiently) and the amount of data that was being processed. Not the language. The language just provides a level of abstraction so that you won't have to write and read machine language or assembly. Or at least to my knowledge; correct me if I'm wrong.

i know java and ti-basic/axe. I have worked with javascript + jqueary but forget it all. I plan to learn at least the concepts of c++, python, and php. I have no current intentions to learn ruby and such right now. so from what I know right now... well java. It has easy syntax, little concern of memory leeks, and is very portable. When I start on 3d games though, direct memory management will be beneficial so I will start c++ before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom