• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hollow Knight - Preferred Charm Builds

Hollow Knight is a simple game with simple gameplay, yet it's super customizable to a wide assortment of playstyles using equippable items called charms. There are very few instances where you are required to approach combat in a certain way (literally the only exception I can think of is using spells to kill fat baldurs), and for everything else, you are able to equip what you want to play how you want. Wanna go spells, there's charms for it. Nail arts, there's a charm for that. 11 notches, 40 charms... go.

In my first playthrough, my charm build was pretty consistent regardless of what I was doing (except later on when I started using Joni's to tank bosses) and my universal build was essentially a clumsy hodgepodge of all the single-notch charms (except defenders crest) along with soul catcher, so by the end of the game it was something like:
Wayward Compass + Gathering Swarm + Soul Catcher + Sprintmaster + Grubsong + Steady Body + Thorns of Agony + Spore Shroom + Dreamwielder

I don't know how anyone can beat Broken Vessel without the compass equipped, hot damn. That's only 10 notches, yes. I didn't have the 11th notch until later on. My Godhome build, specifically for Pantheons, is as follows--which is a much more reasonable build and also probably helped me to be more efficient and rational when it came to planning up builds in the future:
Steady Body + Unbreakable Strength + Mark of Pride + Sharp Shadow + Unbreakable Heart

My general radiant build would be the above, but swapping unbreakable heart for dashmaster. Although a handful of radiant bosses I make specific builds for, some of which are overcharmed (I only ever use soul eater in an overcharm build). I tend to screenshot boss-specific builds for radiant difficulty so I can remember them. They're not really anything too extravagant, though. Usually a mix of the same charms, or budgeting mark of pride with longnail for an extra notch.

Charms I pretty much never use:
Heavy Blow, Quick Slash, Fury of the Fallen, Baldur Shell, Glowing Womb, (i dont use the lifeblood bois anymore, thank god), Nailmaster's Glory

How are your guys' bug builds? :goron:

If I'm exploring I use the compass, dash master, sprint master, stalwart shell and mark of pride.

I'm I'm laying the smack down I use dash master, sharp shadow, stalwart shell, quick focus. If I have room I'll use mark of pride but usually end up with long nail.

joni's blessing + lifeblood core + fragile heart + lifeblood heart

glowing womb + weaversong + defender's crest + grubsong + joni's blessing

these are the only acceptable charm builds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom