• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Prefered Joystick Type

What type of joystick do you prefer, the rounded top of the Playstation controllers, or the ones with the dip on the X-BOX

I prefer the playstation type, I found that I can make more presieis movements.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Personally, I'll take the x-box joystick. For one, I've played x-box wayyy more than I've ever played playstation, so naturally I'll pick xbox.

Also, I feel that the dip in the x-box controller lets me, well, "control" the movements of the player better. I can move my thumb around without potentially having it slip off; I just have a sense of security, if you will, with the dip.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
My favorite joystick was the N64s. I loved it and it was really simple to use. The PSs is alright, but I can't stand the X-Boxes.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I don't notice a difference between the types. Apart from the fact that the N64 was made out of a palm-cutting material.

I would go for the Xbox but that's simply out of a preference for where the two joysticks are located on the controller.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Rounded top is better. Mucho better. Way better than inverted top. Rounded top just feels better. Inverted top feels annoying and weird.

I think that the Nintendo Gamecube/Wii joystick is the best all around. Second best would be Xbox 360, because the little dip in the center gives me a good grip on it.

Worst one? N64, hands down. That thing literally ripped the skin off of my thumb :D

speaking of ripping skin off your thumb, my little brother used to bite the rubber top off of the joystick so a sharp part of the plastic what exposed. So whenever a part of a game where you had to spin the joystick, I would have you wear something over my thumb if i wanted to keep the skin.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Best joystick. Boy this is really tough, For me, it's a tie between the nun chuck and the PlayStation. the nun chuck has the little O around it, makes it feel very nice in my hands. and the playstation's round design is perfection! Worst? N64 hands down! It ripped my skin off sometimes when i was really into the game. RIPPED. IT. OFF. Now imagine playing baseball with skin ripped off from playing N64. Now you know how i feel ;(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The rounded top of the PS2/PS3 controller is definitely my favorite. Otherwise, I'd pick the N64 + GC controllers.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Worst one? N64, hands down. That thing literally ripped the skin off of my thumb :D

To be fair, though, the N64 was the controller that made analog sticks a standard

I like most analog sticks, but my favorite would have to be the Gamecube controller's

When it comes between the 360 and PS3, I have to choose the 360

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom