• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Prediction: Zelda 25th Anniversary Surprise= Skyward Sword.

Link19x

Freak on a leash xp
In GDC, Iwata had confirmed that miyamoto did not attend gdc because he was in japan "working" on zelda's 25th anniversary surprise. Could this suprise be Skyward sword? maybe it could come out earlier than we expected?who knows. I have my doubts about this, but I believe in the possibility. What about you guys?

I would love to see your opinions/predictions below :D

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Nintendo has said that Skyward Sword would be released after OOT 3D is released, which is released June 7, so I highly doubt that.
If anything, it'll likely be a new game or maybe the Timeline will finally be released.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The date isn't confirmed. June is what they are hoping for. But seeing as how it's Zelda's 25th as in the first Zelda game, I'm expecting a remake of some sort or a compilation title.

Last edited:

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
Maybe they will make the online pc zelda game... that would not be good. I hope they don't
Or make the movie, i hope they don't do that either, well, it depends on who makes it.
Or a zelda game for the PSP, I really hope they don't do that.

What i hope for is maybe a demo for SS on Wii Store or something

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
The date isn't confirmed. June is what they are hoping for. But seeing as how it's Zelda's 25th as in the first Zelda game, I'm expecting a remake of some sort or a compilation title.

I think that i am thinking along these lines too. A game that maybe packs all the games of the series into one and also maybe a Zelda-related Wii (Green Wii?)

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
I think he's making some speacial accessories for the legend of Zelda serie. like what they did with mario. I'm Hoping they come out with a Master Sword Wiimote!:)

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think that i am thinking along these lines too. A game that maybe packs all the games of the series into one and also maybe a Zelda-related Wii (Green Wii?)

I don't think we'll see a green wii, in the video on the front page (zeldadungeon.net) Reggie says that it's not going to be what they did for the Mario 25th anniversary.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't believe this is the case. Attaching the 25th anniversary logo they revealed onto Skyward Sword and calling it a day would not be a wise business move after making the announcement that something's coming. There would be great fan backlash after making a big deal for Mario, and promising something for Zelda. It's like saying last year's Christmas presents also count as this year's birthday gifts. If SS is to release this year, I could see them talking about it as a part of the 25th anniversary, but not calling it the whole surprise.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
SS and the Master Timeline would both be terrible moves. Basement already described SS well, and there's no potential for monetary gain with the timeline, and it would only make people less interested in the series and less likely to buy future games. Also keep in mind that this is Miyamoto working on it. He isn't involved at all with SS, and obviously doesn't care about the timeline. Aonuma or Fujibayashi would be responsible for those. The only thing I can think of would be a new FS-type game with better connectivity.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
SS and the Master Timeline would both be terrible moves. Basement already described SS well, and there's no potential for monetary gain with the timeline, and it would only make people less interested in the series and less likely to buy future games. Also keep in mind that this is Miyamoto working on it. He isn't involved at all with SS, and obviously doesn't care about the timeline. Aonuma or Fujibayashi would be responsible for those. The only thing I can think of would be a new FS-type game with better connectivity.
Timeline discussion is a dying sport though, sadly. I highly doubt that releasing it would stop people from buying future games. Timeline discussion has always been just something extra to talk about, people play Zelda games because they are fun, not for the timeline. Fans have been debating for years, not knowing what the actual timeline is, releasing it would certainly be something that Zelda fans could celebrate about.

Djinn

and Tonic
Until they said that it would not be like the Mario 25th, I was assuming another collection of older games in a newer re-release.

Now I am hoping for some form of merchandising like they did when TP came out and they released a special edition soundtrack with a small collectible Master Sword and Hylian shield. The soundtrack was a little bland, I would not mind another attempt at this with an overall soundtrack including songs from several games. While I'm dreaming, a multi disk set would be great.
twilight-princess-set.jpg

I cannot help but notice the Hylian shield designs on the 25'th logo on both sides of the 25.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I don't think we'll see a green wii, in the video on the front page (zeldadungeon.net) Reggie says that it's not going to be what they did for the Mario 25th anniversary.

see i think that really could be a play on words, it really determines how you want to interpret it is what i think. Then again i could be completely wrong :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom