• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Predict Twilight Princess HD's Metacritic Score

Predict Twilight Princess HD's Metascore

• <70

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 71-75

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 76-80

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 81-85

• 86-90

• 91-95

• 96-100

• Total voters
I'm assuming that the visuals improve further but are still far from 2015 standards ; and that some faulty gameplay mechanics improve while others are ignored.

I voted for "71-75" and "76-80". I doubt it will get above 85.

Last edited:
Triforce Heroes got 73. I think the rule is that if you're a Zelda game, you don't get below a 70.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I would personally rate it lower than 70, but people are always butthurt about their Zelda games so it'll more than likely get stuck with something between 70-80. I'd say the maximum it would get would be 85, unless Nintendo fooled us all and the game is amazing, it's not going to get anywhere close to a 90.

70-80

They'll ***** about the repetitiveness of the game's structure (unless its fixed) like the tear hunting and scent seeking.

And ***** about how it looks like a cheap remaster rather than a full remake like WWhd was (unless it looks better on release)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
80-88

Zelda games don't get lower than 70 and this is probably the best one of all. Unfortunately they haven't really made an effort with the graphics which if they don't change between now and release the critics will complain about and deduct points for. Remember the critics loved this game originally, any negativity you have heard is from a vocal minority of people who played it. Not representative of at least the 9million strong population who experienced the game at all. Accounting for those who shared the game with their friends, I can imagine the game reached around that many if over 8 mil was actually sold.

Tri force heroes got a 73 and lets face it. Its a stain on the series, it doesn't deserve that high a score. TP is not going to come anywhere near that low. Its a full blown 3D Zelda with a good story, iconic characters and fun gameplay, even with the poor effort on graphics its gonna score high and with the name Zelda...well you know that grants a boost.

Are we talking the Metacritic, critic score or the Metacritic, public score?
Each one can be wildly different (see Fallout 4 as an example of this). I also think the public overall get the scores more spot on than the critics do.

Its a stain on the series
It's not that bad. Maybe I think this because I went into it with the same mindset as when I went into Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword (which is zero expectations), but most of my problems with it have nothing to do with the actual game.

76-80. This is because TP Wii is a fantastic game, and as long as Nintendo doesn't screw up the whole game it should be equally as fun to play. But since the game looks incredibly underwhelming from what we've seen, it won't get any favors from the visuals and the fact that it's supposed to be a "remake."

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am predicting:
Critics - 75
Public - 85

I'd have said critics would have been kinder myself. The public don't have that same 'It's Zelda so it must score high' attitude.

Look at what people said when it was first revealed. Lazy effort. Looks like the original. WWHD had way more effort put in.

After seeing Skyward Sword get a 94/100, anything is possible (It really should have gotten an 85-89 instead of the rare 90 range). Critics raved over it, and fans were split over it I am personally a big fan of Skyward Sword, but if we're talking about review sites which are supposed to look at games objectively and take lots of different players' perspectives in mind, it shouldn't have nearly every reviewer universally praising the game. Most critics buckled on that game, and decided to cater to Zelda hype rather than tell the fanbase honestly. This is why I respected Gamespot and GiantBomb's reviews on it.

The critics score might be over 85, but I'd like to think the public would float somewhere below an 80. It seems even more pointless than WWHD to me, and so far it looks pretty gross visually, so I hope that people won't give it too much love and encourage more stupid remakes and remasters. Unless of course it turns out to be somehow fantastic, with tons of new content and fixed problems, in which case I hope it does score alright so that any future stupid remakes or remasters will also have lots of new content and fixed problems.

Reactions: Dio
It seems even more pointless than WWHD to me

If they do what they did with The Wind Waker HD, patching up some of the flaws and enhancing the gameplay, it would be great. Twilight Princess would have been top 5 Zelda material if it weren't saddled by so many flaws, but if those flaws could be fixed, it would be an amazing game. An orchestrated soundtrack and Hero Mode would be a good start. Make the opening tutorials, goat herding and tears of light skippable. Make the late-game statue roundup easier. Make the animations smoother. Allow the player to save in the middle of large dungeons. Give the player the horse whistle much earlier.

Make the opening tutorials, goat herding and tears of light skippable. Make the late-game statue roundup easier. Make the animations smoother. Allow the player to save in the middle of large dungeons. Give the player the horse whistle much earlier.

That would all be cool. Something to control the day/night cycle would be appreciated as well. Not enough for me to rebuy a game I already own, but enough for me to recommend that version of the game to folks who don't own any version of it. I don't know if the tears of light should be skippable, but they could try and figure out a way to make it not horrible. That would probably require a lot more work than I think they'd reasonably bother with, though. I mean, there are a lot of things wrong with TP that could be fixed, but they'd require a lot of in-depth tinkering and probably new assets in a lot of cases and it seems unrealistic. Horse-whistle coming early and a day/night skip would be my two sticking points, because those are things that really might end up happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom