• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Potions or Fairies?

Which Do You Prefer More?

• Potions!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fairies!

• I hate making decisions!

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Fairies have become more of an insurance rather than a full-blown source of health lately. Whereas they recovered all of your hearts in the older games, The Minish Cap had only 5 hearts of recovery, Twilight Princess had 8, and Skyward Sword had 6. Normal potions don't heal much more, but advanced ones heal all hearts, so they're true sources of health. So... it really depends on the game and situation.

I voted neutrally because it depends on the game, because in Ocarina of Time, for example, where fairies heal you fully, it's a no brainer to use them. Then, in Skyward Sword, where you can have two servings of a potion that fully heals you or one fairy that heals six hearts, it's a no brainer again.

Fairies. I usually don't pay attention to my health so I find them useful.

I agree with this. I fight like a viking and just go in recklessly and kick some butt so i am not really paying attentino to my damage so fairies. This esp. holds well in SS for me since the enemies can attack you while you are drinking it up.

I actually use both, i always have at least one potion and fairy at any time, When i have only one bottle though
i always carry a fairy for revival purposes.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Personally, I like to use the Blue Potion the most. Refills your Hearts and Magic Meter. To me that very useful, especially when going through the Palace Of The Four Sword in ALTTP.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If these were still the days up to and including OOT, I would've said fairies. However, fairies have been extremely downgraded since then starting in MM. In OOT, fairies healed you completely and automatically revived you when you died. In MM, they still revived you automatically, but they only recovered 10 hearts. They were downgraded even more the TWW, only restoring your hearts by 8 (which is the same in TP). In SS, they give you 6 hearts when you die, which is the default number of hearts in that game (meaning it's the equivalent to 3 hearts in the other games... yeah). Recently, I've found a love for potions. I still use fairies, but I prefer to use other methods of healing now because they have more effect (still spam fairies when I play OOT, though...) :kirby:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I prefer fairies to potions so I don't have to constantly be watching my health. I can fight until the bitter end.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
It depends on the situation and game. Fairies are good when you just want to put them on your weapon HUD and bring you back when you die. Potions are good in games where you can upgrade them and/or buy a potion that works better than a fairy (or faerie :P ). Or if you just want to get an easy health backup quickly while in town.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Generally, I will choose fairies over potions but recent games have made me rethink that. I prefer fairies because I don't have to use them. They're automatic and if it turns out I don't need them, I can get them later. The blue potion was the only potion I might choose over a fairy, but rarely did I. That is... until TP made potions much more desirable. TP's best potions not only healed all my hearts, something fairies only do in MM, but they turned me gold. My motto in video games is "They're not about winning, they're about looking cool while doing so" and thus turning gold appeals alot to me. It's too bad that the only time you really need faires in TP is during the Cave of Ordeals. SS also made potions more desireable by giving them more functions. Like the blue potion in past games, if the potion does something more than just heal, it is more appealing than a fairy.

Overall, I will still grab a fairy before seeking out a potion but the next game could easily change that.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I always use Fairies no matter what. On the A link to the Past game, on the Turtle Rock dungeon, I had to get potion to defeat the boss easier to refill my magic meter. Other than that game, I use fairies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom