• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Potions, Fairies, and Miscellaneous Healing Items for Foes.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
After watching this beautiful video shown below, I realized something: fairies only ever work for Link. Why is this so when enemies exist as well? Why don't enemies get healed during battle, prolonging fights and making things worse for the player?

[video=youtube;X8yqwvYo5PA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yqwvYo5PA[/video]

Especially for such foes as Dark Link. What are your thoughts for fairies and shiz to work on enemies as well as Link?

Salem

SICK
It's an interesting idea but I think it might be too annoying for the player when the enemies just heal themselves like that.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Lol a boss that comes back to life 4 times after you kill him, and has 2 blue potions as well.

It would be like different phases of boss fight, only with a more, is he dead yet kinda feeling.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Maybe fairies only work for the more humanoid people, like Hylians, Kokiri and Gerudo. And then, maybe only for those that are good and not evil.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
The concept of giving opponents healing items reminds me of Pokémon, about how some trainers are able to carry and use healing items during a battle. I honestly don't know how well this concept would be implemented into the series, but it's certainly possible. They should at least give it a shot.

Not so sure about healing items and the like being used on enemies, but I think that it'd be a neat idea if used on bosses (save for the items bit). What I mean is, I think it'd be neat if certain bosses could heal themselves via some means. Picture a boss nearing 35% health and there's a toxic river nearby. Said river may be toxic to Link; however, its toxicity could have healing properties for the boss. The battle itself could include keeping the boss from reaching said source of health, in conjunction with defeating it by the conventional means.

Regarding the enemies bit, I guess it could work in a similar, yet distinct fashion. Leave them idle for too long and they begin chomping on nearby healing berries (or each other, in the case of cannibalism), applying ointment to their "wounds", or casting healing magic, perhaps? Or better yet, introduce some enemies whose sole purpose is to heal other enemies. Oh, and give them a basic defense gimmick like teleportation or "out-of-reachness" to make up for their lack of offensive capabilities...

Last edited by a moderator:

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
36631792.jpg

Gameplay mechanic.

Simple answer.

I'd be interested to see bosses and high level enemies with healing spells though. It could be a nice challenge if implemented well.

(lol dat video, please no one make a Zelda movie)

I think self healing enemies would be great, not bosses because they can take their time enough as it is, (imagine the Imprisoned healing itself, ugh)

But harder enemies like Darknuts etc could be cool if they were to heal, it'd be good if you could stop them from doing it too, interrupt them by attacking them, would give some urgency to the battle, so yeah i'd like some enemies to heal, combat in Zelda is too thin and i think a good way to get around it is by giving enemies more health so they could stand up to more punishment to make things actually feel like a fight and healing is a good way to do it.

I'm not sure how it could work. In RPG's like Phantasy Star, some enemies can self-heal with magic techniques. But how could it happen in Zelda? A pop-up box explaining that an Octorok just drank a red potion, perhaps?

Addendum: If healing spells/techniques are going to be incorporated in Zelda, that might mean Zelda would be on its way to becoming RPG-ish.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
I'm not sure how it could work. In RPG's like Phantasy Star, some enemies can self-heal with magic techniques. But how could it happen in Zelda? A pop-up box explaining that an Octorok just drank a red potion?
NOO! please no.

I'm not sure how it could work. In RPG's like Phantasy Star, some enemies can self-heal with magic techniques. But how could it happen in Zelda? A pop-up box explaining that an Octorok just drank a red potion, perhaps?

More likely it would be a visual effect. For instance a light surrounding the enemy showing a healing spell was cast. A text box would be unnecessary and jarring during gameptlay.

Addendum: If healing spells/techniques are going to be incorporated in Zelda, that might mean Zelda would be on its way to becoming RPG-ish.

I have no issues with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom