• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Potion Drinking

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
in twilight princess the enemies and everything froze and you could drink the potion without fear of being hurt. well since drinking potions wont make the gameplay freeze i think a few people will die before their hearts have a chance to fill or before they could drink the potion. so id like for you AWESOME PEOPLE to get back to me on what you think about this:)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
That's exactly my point, if you do get cornered your screwed, also it may be difficult if it's like a boss with long ranged weapons or something.

True, true. But at least you can move. Unlike in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. You can't move PERIOD. And since it takes you like ten seconds just to drink one potion, your screwed if the giant freaking monster decides to attack you.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yes that generally isn't a good thing. But answer me this how many eyeball bosses do you think there is going to be in SS?

Well, I know the scorpion like thing from the trailer(which is probably another Gohma...:dry:) is an eyeball boss... You should make this it's own thread, because otherwise things will get too far off topic, and that sort of behavior is frowned upon.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
True, true. But at least you can move. Unlike in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. You can't move PERIOD. And since it takes you like ten seconds just to drink one potion, your screwed if the giant freaking monster decides to attack you.

In monster hunter, tri at least, you have to plan your sharpening, recovery items, energy boosts, attack boost ect... So you have to run of to the side of the monster or wait t'ill it's exaus... Of topic, since you can move while drinking in SS, it really souldn't be a broblem.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Seems like SS is going to be real time everything now. I like that approach.

You can't possibly lose all of your hearts unless the enemy in question strikes you first or if the enemy in question deals as much damage as your maximum hearts allow. It's like that in every Zelda game, and even most games that I've played.

It's like this: Say Link has 10 heart containers, but only 3 hearts left. Once Link successfully drinks the potion, the game recognizes that Link has 10 hearts left, it just has to fill the hearts up one by one. So, if Link gets hit by an enemy that deals, say, 4 hearts with an attack, his hearts would fill to 6, not 10.

It shouldn't be a problem unless you forget that you can move, or if like you guys/girls said you get cornered, which would be rare because you really don't want to put yourself in that disposition, do you?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I don't like it. It sounds like it will be incredibly annoying... I always get more stressed when they do too many things in real time, or give me a time limit for a task. This, among other things, is making me reconsider whether I will even want to play SS when it comes out. I mean, I'm already somewhat anxious about the idea of having to hit the enemy in JUST the right way in order for damage to count, having to position my shield properly rather than just block, and all of that action... oh, and I'm uncomfortable with the running energy meter as well. If I've got to run around like a cucco with my head cut off while drinking a potion in battle, on top of all this, that could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

This game is going to be very tough, and require a lot of practice, not to mention your full attention, in order to play. I don't know if I have it in me to work that hard on a game... I just don't think it's worth it.

The previous 3D Zelda games seemed to have the perfect balance of real-time and paused action, and now they seem to be leaning too heavily towards requiring perfect timing. I don't like games that require perfect timing.

If there's a video game rental place around here, I might just rent SS before I buy it... if they're all shut down, I might pass it up. I don't like the way this game sounds.

What happens to the potion if you are hit while you are using it?
Does it disappear or spill? Does is get put away and you drink the rest later, (so if it fills up 8 hearts, you get 6 our of it before being hit, youll only get 2 more later?)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I think it's kinda cool. Although I will be sad in a way, 'cause if you drink the potion as soon as you get hit, the effects that are in place as everything is paused can be kinda cool. I'm all for it, but I'll get back to this after I've played it. I may have changed my mind by then. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom