• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post Your Zelda Pet Peeves!

You know, I don't really have any big pet peeves that come to mind. As a whole the series is good enough to easily outweigh any minor flaws, but...one thing that did just pop into my thoughts is the empty bottle system, which ended up giving me some trouble in Majora and OoT. Not huge trouble, it was just annoying to not know I would need an empty bottle for something, then have to go and get a new empty bottle just to complete a quest. It annoyed me because empty bottles shouldn't be that hard to come by, really.

NekoFangirl28

Cute, quiet and alert!
I totally agree with the 'People calling Link Zelda' thing; so aggrivating... The low-health noise is just annoying in every game, so that's not really a big surprise to find on people's lists. Another thing is when people start coming up with ships that make no sense whatsoever! Oh, and Like-Likes are not even worth talking about...I just hate them...
However, Navi isn't that annoying to me because I never have the sound up for OoT so meh...

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
If you think The thing about people calling Link Zelda, live my life, were I cope with messages saying,
"Oh, isn't Mr. Saturn a weapon Ness uses? And, What is your favourite skill learnt by Lucas? PK Fire, PK Thunder or Blue orb?" Mr Saturn is a race and those 3 skills belong to Kumatora, but Lucas robbed them since he learns Buffs and heals.

1. People think that Link's name is Zelda. I guess because the name of the game series is called the The Legend of Zelda it means that the person you play as is Zelda.
2. People think Link is a elf just because of the way he looks or he has pointy ears.
3. People think that Majora's Mask is Zelda 2. OoT was very popular so no body probably didn't know about the other Zelda games before it. Speaking of Zelda 2...
4. Calling Zelda 2 "The Adventure of Link." Link had an adventure before Zelda 2 and after it. That's like saying, "Super Mario 3D Land: Mario's Quest to save the Princess."
5. Ocarina of Time fanboys. Fanboys just make a game look bad period.
6. Slow Climbing.
7. Side Quests like finding all of the heart pieces. I don't hate these parts but I suck at them.
8. That sound when you are low on health.
9. Wizrobes in groups.
10. People referring the levels as temples instead of dungeons.
11. People think that Zelda is Pokemon(that has happened to me before).
12. Fangirl's obsessions goes too far.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm.

1. Keese, particularly elemental ones. Been knocked off ledges by the things too many times in the Oracles games and in the
3D games, I feel like they are too weak to be worthy adversaries, but have to be dispatched or they won't leave Link alone.

2. Twilight Princess bashing. It's a Zelda game and we are supposed to be series FANS. It may not be the most challenging game in the series and it has some clear "rushed" aspects, but I still count it my favorite and dislike my fandom being called into question because of a subjective taste.

3. Link x Dark Link pairing. If it floats your boat, I won't hassle you, but I personally don't get it. To me, Dark Link is a shadow, a spell - pairing him with Link makes me feel like you might as well be shipping Link x Lamp or Link x Old Tire or something. I never find the character creation people do on DL convincing.

4. Shiek's treatment in the fandom. Not really a huge peeve, but I'm started to become mildly annoyed with how fanfiction writers are quick to "make Shiek a seperate male character" - as in, "Shiek and Zelda are seperate beings with totally seperate bodies because I want yaoi without that icky Zelda in there!" I think that people could do better to explore Shiek as a male character while keeping him as Zelda - do some transgender exploration!

People (mainly roommate) saying that Zelda II isn't a real Zelda title because of the side-scrolling. They then go on to hum the Temple Theme...

I'll have to agree with Shadsie on Dark/Shadow Link. He is nothing more than a spell, and the most difficult one to deal with.

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
4. Calling Zelda 2 the Adventure of Link. Link had an adventure before Zelda 2 and after it. That's like saying, "Super Mario 3D Land: Mario's Quest to save the Princess."

...... it IS called Zelda 2 Adventure of link. I have the Gold cart of the game for the NES and it SAYS that, get your facts straight.. or are you just saying that you hate the fact that it's the title of the game? if so then i'd have to agree.

Last edited:
The fact that AoL is called Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
Not the Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link, but just Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
What, were they too lazy to put the whole title? It's just seems so out of place that Nintendo used the short version of the title in the actual title.
That's like putting LOZSS on the cover of Skyward Sword.
OK, maybe it's not the exact same thing, but you get the point.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The fact that AoL is called Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
Not the Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link, but just Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
What, were they too lazy to put the whole title? It's just seems so out of place that Nintendo used the short version of the title in the actual title.
That's like putting LOZSS on the cover of Skyward Sword.
OK, maybe it's not the exact same thing, but you get the point.

At the time it wasn't standard to put "The Legend of Zelda" before the subtitle. It had "II" on it because it was the sequel to the first game. It was the second in the series. It makes sense.

...... it IS called Zelda 2 Adventure of link. I have the Gold cart of the game for the NES and it SAYS that, get your facts straight.. or are you just saying that you hate the fact that it's the title of the game? if so then i'd have to agree.
I know its called Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link, I have the golden cart too. I don't see the point on calling it "The Adventure of Link" since Link had an adventure before Zelda 2 and 14 other adventures after Zelda 2. To answer your question, I wished there was a more creative title other than "The Adventure of Link." I should've rephrased 4. too I guess. I don't like calling the 2nd Zelda game "The Adventure of Link," that's all I'm trying to say and I will always call it Zelda 2. I would like to rephrase my sentence, but I think you understand what I'm saying.

Last edited:
+SPOILER ALERT+
1. In TP, before the lakebed temple where you have to lead the horsecart across Hyrule field
2. In OoT, waiting for daytime in hyrule field for the drawbridge to the market to open up.
3.People saying "you're too old for zelda"
4.Aiming your bow with the wii mote on TP
5.getting the ocarina in MM
6.fighting an enemy, then falling off a ledge
7.thats all, folks

+SPOILER ALERT+
1. In TP, before the lakebed temple where you have to lead the horsecart across Hyrule field
2. In OoT, waiting for daytime in hyrule field for the drawbridge to the market to open up.
3.People saying "you're too old for zelda"
4.Aiming your bow with the wii mote on TP
5.getting the ocarina in MM
6.fighting an enemy, then falling off a ledge
7.thats all, folks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom