• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post Your Phobia!

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I'm sure there is a phobia for car accidents. People randomly die gruesome deaths from something as common as a ride to the store. Freaks me out. I drive my car almost everyday- sure I speed from time to time. I am more scared of losing someone I love due to a car accident. I try to remember to never leave a loved one on a bad note. You never know what could happen.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I have the fear of having the fear of fear. Kidding, I have Thanatophobia. Not that I dont want to die, but I dun no what happen AFTERWARDS.

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
I have quite a few. ^^
I'm afraid of ski lifts.... Which is ironic, because I love taking mountain-long runs on my skis. :/
I'm aquaphobic! I can't swim, I almost drowned when I was a small child, and ever since then I haven't been able to learn how to swim or get pool/river/lake water on my face without panicking.
I'm afraid of being kidnapped/raped. I live just outside city limits, and recently some car bum has been abducting kids on their way to school, and a couple of them have turned up dead. I now carry a knife and Mace with me everywhere. O_O
I'm afraid of escalators. I absolutely have to take stairs or an elevator, no matter how long it takes to find them.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
CPR. The only thing I have found so far that freaked the **** out of me. Me and my younger brother were roughhousing and he thought it would be a great idea, when I pretended to be knocked out, to perform fake CPR. Despite his not even close attempt to crushing my ribs, I freaked the hell out.

Not that performing it scares me, it doesn't. I was a lifeguard for a good bit of time, and had to do it three times. Just the idea of being in the position that requires CPR is probably what really scares me.

Porta Pottys. Like, you had to be me, be there, and understand what was going on when I realised "omg, what the ****?" and then freak out and then BAM things got worse.

I'd love to share the story, but its too bad for me to post. :/

As far as relatively standard things go, creepy crawlies.

Other things? Falling down stairs. Yes, that's right. I'm afraid of stairs. And I'm also afraid of being abducted, raped, or killed. I blame the INSANE crime rates here.

I'm afraid of being kidnapped/raped. I live just outside city limits, and recently some car bum has been abducting kids on their way to school, and a couple of them have turned up dead. I now carry a knife and Mace with me everywhere. O_O

Same here. Random violence is a huge problem in the US, and no matter where I've lived, there have always been new stories every day about children disappearing. Once, it was two boys that my mom used to tutor, and their story ended just like most of them did - it was heartbreaking. And last summer, I was just walking to the store to get something for my mom, and I was harassed and very nearly fatally attacked by two HUGE crazy people outside the store. Like, seriously, they were well over six feet tall! And even though I didn't SEE a gun or a knife on hand, they are SO easy for irresponsible to get over here, and they were threatening to kill me.

It was middle of the afternoon, right in front of crowds of people, and no one did anything at all about it - not even call the police! Somehow, I managed to get away unharmed, and by pure chance ran into a friend of the store's owner, and the owner himself, while fleeing. I seriously feared for my life for months after. Even though I was assured that they wouldn't be by the store again, the store is so close to where I live, and I had to apply to all the local businesses for a job... and they could have still been in the area.

I'm not good with firearms or ranged weapons, so I've been seriously considering training a Personal Protection Dog for myself in a few years. I know a few different people with PPDs, and some have had great results, one had poor results, but he had an intensely aggressive dog that really should not have been used for the program.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Personally, the fear of heights. I mean, I can go high up and not flip out, but when im high up and there's no railing etc., I flip the **** out.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Heights, fire, dark/deep water, cockroaches, and douglas firs (a type of tree).

I know the last one is really random, but it's true. OTL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom