• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post Your Phobia!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Autonomatonophobia, the fear of ventriliquist dolls, wax figures, ect...

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I have a crippling fear of severe weather. Just the thought of severe weather being in the forecast is enough to scare me senseless. Completely irrational, I know, but I like to be in the know about what's coming and with severe weather, some times you don't know what will happen.

I never really had any particular phobias growing up, but about a year and a half ago or so, I started gradually getting arachnophobia. It started pretty small... I'd just avoid spiders if I saw them and get others to remove them for me. They just kind of irked me, a bit. Then somehow it got worse and worse at an incredibly alarming rate. Currently I have horrid paranoia connected to this fear, and I'm prone to bad panic attacks when I'm around spiders or even thinking of them. I can hardly look at pictures of them, and it's made playing games difficult in some instances, when facing spider enemies. If I see one, I first get very nauseous and then go into panic, which unfortunately usually means that I can't control what I'm doing, and end up hyperventilating, pulling at my hair, and crying. :/ Usually this lasts for several hours even after the spider has been dealt with, and I will be on edge for several days and wear clothing to cover as much of my body as I can at the thought that one might touch my skin. It's honestly the absolute biggest point of embarrassment for me. I have nightmares about them constantly (one last night!) and always check areas I go into for spiders. It's odd, since when I was little I actually played with spiders. They never bothered me, and now, they do all of THIS. I don't understand how it started. I know that I need to do something about this, because I'm to the point where I just... cannot deal with it when I see one. I can't handle the situation by myself and get rid of the spider. And I can't exactly live that way, when I get out on my own.

So... I know I need to get this under control, but I feel so helpless with the matter... I honestly don't know what to do. If anyone knows how to get rid of this phobia, please tell me.

Writer4God

GeekChic
I am a huge emetophobe - meaning that I am scared of vomiting, seeing people vomit in public, and the fear of being nauseated. I've had this fear since I was six and I'm almost 31.

It frustrates me and I wish I never had this fear but I do. Now I feel better after sharing this.

When I was little, I was also deathly afraid of butterflies....but I'm over that one.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have a phobia of being controlled by others. I've always disliked the idea of God, for instance, because it bothers me to think that I'm not in control of my own destiny, or that I was designed by something else that has the power to control me. I also worry about companies gaining enough power to make me use certain services, or insist that people do things a certain way, when I may not want the things they're offering or think that they're of low quality.

I also worry about people being influenced by peer pressure because that makes me feel like they're being controlled by society. I fear having choices taken away. I have this really bleak mental image of a world where no one has any choices and they're all slaves to one person's will. That world seems like a terrible place. I would do anything to fight against that world.

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
I guess the closes thing to a phobia of mine its arachnophobia, but just when they are close to me, I actually love spiders and think they are amazing, just hate getting close to them.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I have isolophobia and gerascophobia
fear of being alone and fear of growing old respectively

I don't know what its called when you have a fear of growing old alone so that's why a separated the two.

I don't know I'd really call it a phobia,
but I really don't like people I don't know very well touching me.
It really weirds me out.
Although, that's probably normal.

And I feel like I'm a bit claustrophobic.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Apiphobia-fear of bees, i don't know why but I get like a deep anxiety feeling when they're around me. I've never been stung before and everybody's reactions(that I've witnessed) just put me in a bad place with bees...

I'm afraid of heights, but only when I don't feel secure. I don't mind planes or climbing (sturdy structures) but if I feel like I could fall I get very nervous.

well I never used to be claustrophobic till about age 12 when my friends an I played around with a coffin their dad had out for Halloween. We would put each other in it an sit on the lid for 5 minutes an take turns. When it came down to my turn (I have asthma) I started wheezing pretty bad and started yelling for them to let me out I but they kept saying I had to do my time like they did.
needless to say since then I've been afraid of small spaces, mainly for the fact of having asthma and afraid of not being able to breathe.

Another fear I have, which is most common, is a fear of heights. Or more towards a fear of falling I guess. I don't like roller coasters because for their height. The only few things I can stand is a ferris wheel (which I didn't go on till age 20 with my husband) and planes, I love flying and looking out the windows.

I also really REALLY HATE elevators. Just the thought of being in one and it getting stuck and/or the cables breaking freaks me out. I much prefer stairs or escalators.

Last edited:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Hmm,I have a fear of bees.I hate those little bees.If a bee gets near me,I would hide behind my friend or behind something.Also I think I have a fear of clowns.....I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom