• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post-Game Content

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Why do Zelda games last post-game content? I always thought there needed to be more after completion of the main story.

If they ever created a Zelda game with post-game content in the future, what would you want it to be?

Ninja

Well well well
I'd love temple themed superbosses that are placed in the boss rooms at the end of each dungeon. Like, Final Fantasy type superbosses that have massive HP, devastating attacks, and require a well thought out game plan to defeat.

Quin

Disaster Master
Minish cap had post game content and they handled it pretty badly. I don't really need it honestly.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I wouldn't mind an extra dungeon opening up somewhere. The kind of dungeon that's a labyrinth and has respawning treasure based on RNG. Give the player something they can invest time in with replay value. New sidequests popping up would be neat, as well. Even if they still have you start at the final boss's doorstep again next time you load the file, they can still work these into the game easily.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The end should be the end. It gives a proper finish to the adventure with the end credits rolling and the story being complete. Rather than like in Skyrim where you just play until you are bored.

It is best that you finish a game wanting more rather than finish because you have bored yourself.

All I would really want is for the game to actually acknowledge that I beat it, even if it's just NPCs saying "Yaaaay you beat Ganon!" A small bit of bonus content like outfits or weapons wouldn't hurt either.

Some post-game dungeons would be nice. Also maybe do something like a lot of the Dragon Quest games do where you don't see the true ending until after completing whatever the post game content is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom