• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post-Apocalyptic Alternate History SU

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
This RP is about a world after an apocalypse. It is set in the year we are in now, but it is completely different than what we have today. This is where the alternate history shows up. In this history, the Cuban Missile Crisis occurred, sending America to nuclear war against Russia. Keeping this short and simple, the war raged on for many years, but in the end Russia sent several nuclear missiles towards America. America had done the same thing in retaliation, destroying many major parts of the world. Both were lost to anarchy, with no government to rule. The eastern half of the U.S took the worst of it, the radiation making it impossible to stay out to long. The people of NY, which is where this RP takes place, traveled underground into the sewers, as deep as they could go. After a time, people began to settle and build upon a town, which was later named Central Town. The guards did there best, but it was full of theft and murder, but it was better than going through the tunnels, the dark.

So that is basically all it is. I have no story-line or plot planned out, so there is no worry of going off track. Just remember, technology wasn't really "around around" when the progression of it halted. Computers and radios are the only things they remotely have down there, but signals are weak and computers were only used by the government.

The rules are kinda simple, just no being a gary stu/ mary sue and just respect the other RPers. PG-13 language won't be a problem for me, just don't get to outta hand with it. Thank you!

Sign-Up Sheet

Name:
Social Class:
(theft, beggar, worker, guard, etc.)
Backstory:
Personality:

Please fill out the entirety of the sheet, if not the character will not be accepted until completely filled out

zeldaameture12

Vampire Overlord
Name: Ezekiel Kadoya
Appearance: Hair: Black Eyes: Red Skin: Light Tan
Social Class: Hunter
Backstory: mother died shortly after birth. father disappeared at age 5. went through 7 foster home by the age of 10
Personality:very secluded and not one to ask for help

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Sounds interesting. I think I'll sign on with a re-imagining of a character I created elsewhere.

Name: Valerie "Val" Prescott
Appearance: A thin, Caucasian woman, somewhat short for her age, long brown hair, eyes that look blue in low light, green in sunlight. Wears combat-style boots and a long jacket to which is pinned a mysterious, dented badge from some sort of "special forces" of some area no one's ever heard of.
Social Class: Drifter / Wanderer
Backstory: She came into the NYC area tunnels from who knows where. She claims to be from the American Southwest, but people don't believe her because that whole area was wiped off the map. She's fairly skilled at hunting the few animals that have made their way down into the tunnels and is able to make dog stew and roast rat somewhat palatable.
Personality: Standoffish, not much interested in joining any community so much as she is in scavengeing off the edges of it. Has a moral code never to steal from children, the starving or the sick. She generally only loots the dead if she even has to do that. Her scavenging has brought her a cigarette-habit that she claims calms her nerves. She knows she ought to quit for nothing more than the fact that the things are all scavenged from old stores and people just don't make them anymore - so she knows she'll run out eventually. Pretty nice once you get to know her - has some habits (such as protecting those weaker than herself by instinct) that indicate she might have been a Guard at some point.

I discussed it with Shadsie for a while, and we came up with something. This one always caught my eye, and now I'm in!

Sign-Up Sheet

Name: Aren Alpenlen
Appearance: Dark blonde hair, it always seems tousled, as if he just woke up form a nap. His eyes are a stormy shade of blue and his glasses are always a little crooked. He wears a dark bluye jacket, a white button-down shirt that looks more like a pale brown at this point, and dark blue pants. He has a blue sketchbook that is his most prized possession, and he keeps it on his belt with a series of customized leather straps.
Social Class: Traveling Artist
Backstory: Aren's mother left him behind with his father for reasons that his father never explained to him--he has no idea if she's dead or didn't want him, still. He supported his slightly crippled father until he died of a sickness, then went out to survive in the city alone. He takes work where he can get it. Higher-class people will often commission him for his artistic talent, and he gets some sustenance from whatever they give him. He's fallen for several women, but they always died at one point or another.
Personality: He's smart, very smart, but has a tendency to skate over things that are staring him in the face until the last moment. Aren isn't really a natural-born anything, survivor among them, and has made it this long based on luck and intelligence. He's very protective of his sketchbook--such luxuries as books are so rare--and will fight to the death to protect it, as if a feral instinct kicks in. Sometime she acts like a hollow shell from his broken heart, but every time he ends up falling in love again. He just can't help it--he's a romantic.

Tell me if anything needs fixing or adjusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom